Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelord

Stanley Cup polisher
Dec 18, 2011
What I find interesting about Lehkonen was the way he finished the season and he performed in PO.
It replicates what he did in Frolunda last year.
There is a clucth to this player.

He seems to have a quiet confidence in his game. He was cautious at first but you could see him getting more comfortable with his teammates, anticipating where the puck would be more and more as the season went on, even during his mini slump. It's exciting to watch a player closely and see him systematically learn like that.
He's a real student of the game.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Might just be my favourite Hab right now... Love his compete level and skill set.

I definitely see 30 goal upside in this kid.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
so young and already one of our most complete forwards.

i LOVE watching this kid play. hopefully he can continue developing!

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Lekhonen is really something to watch the video on his training is amazing superb for making him control his balance and explosion with his lower body this guy could become a stlouis light (in the balance for his size kind of)... and we all know his shot is deadly

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The way I feel about Matthews, Marner, and Nylander being such bright spots for the Leafs' future, I feel about Lehkonen for Montreal. A young player with a potential to be a key figure in the team's future.

I predict I'll get that feeling with Hudon, as well. And Drouin is already more of a proven commodity, but he's still real young with a bright future.

So all in all, if Lehkonen, Hudon, Drouin, and Galchenyuk become the players we believe they have the potential to become, Habs are in business.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
His positioning on the ice, hockey sense, smart and skills, work ethic, competition level, at this age, make him a pure diamond. I see him becoming not only one of the best complete winger on the team but in the league.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
His positioning on the ice, hockey sense, smart and skills, work ethic, competition level, at this age, make him a pure diamond. I see him becoming not only one of the best complete winger on the team but in the league.

Despite all the negativity you read, you'd have to think that fans would be excited to see so many talented youngsters still in the team's fold, youngsters with room to get even better; Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Hudon and, even, Shaw. All of these players are 25 or less and do or will form the core of the team up front.

The back end is less explosive and older than the forwards, though. Less excitement to be had looking at those players.

Lehkonen has all the tools and, according to his coach from Frolünda, before he came over to North America, the dedication to put in the effort needed to solidify himself as an NHL mainstay.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

Id love to see that. Maybe its just the name but he reminds me of jere lehtinnen. Same size, style, position, nationality... Jere was a terrific defensive player who was always a threat offensively too

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Despite all the negativity you read, you'd have to think that fans would be excited to see so many talented youngsters still in the team's fold, youngsters with room to get even better; Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Hudon and, even, Shaw. All of these players are 25 or less and do or will form the core of the team up front.

The back end is less explosive and older than the forwards, though. Less excitement to be had looking at those players.

Lehkonen has all the tools and, according to his coach from Frolünda, before he came over to North America, the dedication to put in the effort needed to solidify himself as an NHL mainstay.

So many things to be excited about for the next season. Even the new faces on defense, it's refreshing. The addition of experience and the swap for more positive leaders will only help. Bergevin values serious hockey minded players a lot and I'm all for that. He wants business, on and off the ice. No doubt in my books, this team is still trending up.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
So many things to be excited about for the next season. Even the new faces on defense, it's refreshing. The addition of experience and the swap for more positive leaders will only help. Bergevin values serious hockey minded players a lot and I'm all for that. He wants business, on and off the ice. No doubt in my books, this team is still trending up.

It is, IMO, and while it's perhaps natural for some to be more impatient regarding the GM, I'm considering that he has been learning the finer points of the position while on the job.

The initial 5-year plan did not yield the expected results, that's for sure. Bergevin appears to be learning from some of his mistakes, though, and has made higher risk, higher reward trades and signings as the years of his regime are wearing on.

The team is far from all set, but we are not in a horrible shape and there is still Cap room to fit improvements under.

Can't wait to start the year and, at least, read complaints about real things rather than suppositions about a GM's private motivations.

GO HABS GO!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I'll add Danault to that list.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Id love to see that. Maybe its just the name but he reminds me of jere lehtinnen. Same size, style, position, nationality... Jere was a terrific defensive player who was always a threat offensively too

I think Lekhs will be a much better sniper though. I see Lekhonen with a higher potential than Lehtinen. Maybe not as prolific defensively (although he does seem to have the potential for it) but quite definitely better offensively.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
For me, he's one of the team's untouchable players. He should be considered part of the young core.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Happy to hear you guys like Lehkonen. He kind of fell into media-oblivion when he moved to play in Sweden. I think Lehkonen is a prime example of a player developing at the right pace and becoming the best overall player they can be.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Happy to hear you guys like Lehkonen. He kind of fell into media-oblivion when he moved to play in Sweden. I think Lehkonen is a prime example of a player developing at the right pace and becoming the best overall player they can be.

There's that D we had playing in Hamilton that ultimately returned to Europe -- I forget his name. I would've thought that he had good upside, but it never materialized in N.A.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
There's that D we had playing in Hamilton that ultimately returned to Europe -- I forget his name. I would've thought that he had good upside, but it never materialized in N.A.

I think that you are referring to Magnus Nygren

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

I don't know any Habs fans that don't like him. And how can you not? Not sure how many Habs games you watched this year but he was great. Love his attitude too. Hes going to be a core player very soon.

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
I don't know any Habs fans that don't like him. And how can you not? Not sure how many Habs games you watched this year but he was great. Love his attitude too. Hes going to be a core player very soon.

Well, there were a lot of Finns to follow last year, but I did catch a few Habs games as well. He is such a hard working and skilled player that you can't help but like him. I still remember when Lehkonen carried Finland with Teräväinen and Ristolainen to U20 gold even when injured, he is a true warrior. 18 goals as a rookie is an impressive start that I'm sure he will improve upon.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Well, there were a lot of Finns to follow last year, but I did catch a few Habs games as well. He is such a hard working and skilled player that you can't help but like him. I still remember when Lehkonen carried Finland with Teräväinen and Ristolainen to U20 gold even when injured, he is a true warrior. 18 goals as a rookie is an impressive start that I'm sure he will improve upon.

It was an impressive rookie campaign considering he was playing with a black hole for a center for much of the year. Give him a play making center so he can take advantage of that shot and he'll crack 25 goals, I'm sure of it.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It was an impressive rookie campaign considering he was playing with a black hole for a center for much of the year. Give him a play making center so he can take advantage of that shot and he'll crack 25 goals, I'm sure of it.

Or a playmaking winger on a line of Drouin - Galchenyuk - Lehkonen where he's playing on his offside to maximize his scoring upside. ;)

Oct 22, 2012

I remember the year he moved to swedish leagues, there were a few articles out there that tore the decision to shreds. Saying he couldn't handle the physicality of the Finnish league, and the SHL would give him more ice to work with.

Then bam dominates. Love going back and watching some of his SHL playoff highlights, kid can dangle too.

I know we're getting dangerously into over-rating him, but why not. Reminds me of Gallaghers first year, does all the little things perfectly.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
I remember the year he moved to swedish leagues, there were a few articles out there that tore the decision to shreds. Saying he couldn't handle the physicality of the Finnish league, and the SHL would give him more ice to work with.

Then bam dominates. Love going back and watching some of his SHL playoff highlights, kid can dangle too.

I know we're getting dangerously into over-rating him, but why not. Reminds me of Gallaghers first year, does all the little things perfectly.

Yes but way more talent then Gallagher.........that's why me excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad