Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
I have high hopes for Lehkonen but I wouldn't count on 25 goals just yet. 15-20 tops I think.

You're saying you feel like there's a chance that he regresses from 18 goals to 15 in his 2nd year?

Of course there's always the possibility, but supposing Lehkonen plays between 75 and 82 games, I'm predicting that he gets to 20.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I see him playing his off wings (right) with Drouin on the left, and that might make him a 30 goal scorer . His release is sick

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I see him playing his off wings (right) with Drouin on the left, and that might make him a 30 goal scorer . His release is sick

I wouldn't mind a top 9 of

Drouin- Galchenyuk- Lekhonen
Patches- Danault- Gallagher
Shaw/Byron-Pleks-Hemsky

Outside of the 2nd/3rd centers we look good on the wing, the problem is in an ideal world Pleks is traded for an upgrade/ magically finds his offensive game again and Danault is moved to the 3rd line.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We'll see how he's used this year, but as long as he's away from Pleks, I could see him putting up some good numbers. Last year he went into a long drought, as long as he stays healthy and doesn't repeat the drought, I could see him putting up 20-25 and around 40 pts as I assume he'll be in the top 6.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really like the fact Claude Julien is the coach. He is going to be a great coach for Artturi Lehkonen. Claude love player like Lehkonen.

He is going to be a great player and very important for Montreal Canadiens, 20-25 goals and 45-55 points per season + his two-way game.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I really like the fact Claude Julien is the coach. He is going to be a great coach for Artturi Lehkonen. Claude love player like Lehkonen.

He is going to be a great player and very important for Montreal Canadiens, 20-25 goals and 45-55 points per season + his two-way game.

He really reminds me of Plekanec. Similar small frame, really good shot, hard working, defensively responsible, deceptively quick. Just a good hockey player.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Too well trained, too well developed not to become a top line winger with 30 goal upside!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I see Lehkonen having the potential to become a legit top 6 winger.

He's already fulfilled it, and at a young age. Great second round draft pick! If Ikonen (and/or Reway) comes through, the Habs would have a very good forward complement. I wish I could say the same about the defense.

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
I see him having Rakell potential, or even better with his 2way game. He's just so solid, can't wait for him to get better and have more ice time. Julien will be great for him, show him the ropes like Marchand though we don't have a Bergeron but Pleky has helped him out a lot.

Cant wait to buy his jersey, new favourite hab

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We'll see how he's used this year, but as long as he's away from Pleks, I could see him putting up some good numbers. Last year he went into a long drought, as long as he stays healthy and doesn't repeat the drought, I could see him putting up 20-25 and around 40 pts as I assume he'll be in the top 6.

About his drought It wasn't nearly as noticeable as some we've seen. (Will remain nameless)
He didn't have more than a couple of truly bad games.
Lehk will be appreciated for his gamesmanship which is above average and his smarts which are high on the charts. I wonder if he gets time at C during camp. I know I'd try it. He dishes very very well for a shooter!:sarcasm:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Hope he continues to improve, would be nice to get a player that is drafted and comes out of nowhere to become a star in Montreal.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Hope he continues to improve, would be nice to get a player that is drafted and comes out of nowhere to become a star in Montreal.

He has good/above average foot speed and hands.
His shot/release and defensive hockey IQ are elite (imo).

Under the right circumstances I can definitely see him as a 30/30 guy playing 15-16 minutes a night.

I think Claude Julien is the right coach for his skillset and I can't believe he is only 22. (any talk of including him in a package for a C or top 4 D would be foolish , with the obvious exception of receiving something of immense value).

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The kid finished the season really strong with 11 points in his last 13 GP and then followed that up with 4 points in 6GP in the PO!

It's very encouraging!

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
He's a smart 2 way player,but don't burden him with strictly shut down role please.Looked good with Chucky near the end. Maybe Hemsky can fill that line?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He's a smart 2 way player,but don't burden him with strictly shut down role please.Looked good with Chucky near the end. Maybe Hemsky can fill that line?

He actually looked good with Chucky to start the season when he spent time with him and Rads. I knew right away we had a gamer when at first his shorts weren't going in but he kept trying.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He actually looked good with Chucky to start the season when he spent time with him and Rads. I knew right away we had a gamer when at first his shorts weren't going in but he kept trying.

Eventually with a lot of pushing, his shorts did go in, but the problem is that even though he DID look good, he would SMELL like fecal matter when that happened

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lehkonen is the reason I would try and trade Pacioretty for center help. The captain is going to be making 7-8 million a year in a couple seasons and then it will be too late.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Lehkonen is the reason I would try and trade Pacioretty for center help. The captain is going to be making 7-8 million a year in a couple seasons and then it will be too late.

Would still force Byron/Hemsky on the top 6 it would be more feasible to trade a winger if we had Radulov.

I would personally not mind Pacioretty for RNH+ swap if we still had Radulov.

Something like :

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lekhonen - RNH - Radulov
Byron - Danault - Shaw

I'm going to stop playing NHL now and back to reality.
The good news though is we have cap space!

"Expect the unexpected!"

- Michael Scott
- Marc Bergevin

get25

Oct 17, 2015
At least 40 points.
But this guy is a sniper and will most likely have more goals than assists.

47 points like Gallagher did in his second season would be great.
He is doing this kind of training for a long time.
I remember another link previously before he came here and it was a bit similar.

I think he can even score 50 points before 25.

Many here forget that Gallagher had a pace of 62 points in 2015-16.

What I find interesting about Lehkonen was the way he finished the season and he performed in PO.
It replicates what he did in Frolunda last year.
There is a clucth to this player.

We may not have the centers that we want (and this perception might change if AG becomes a PPG player BTW) but we certainly have the best wingers (at least top-3) in the league.

When you have Lehkonen, Shaw, Byron, Hemsky competing to be the last of your top-6 wingers you are in pretty good shape:
  • one on top-6;
  • two on third line;
  • last one on fourth line.
And there still Hudon who did great in AHL coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad