Player Discussion Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Missing those grade A chances in the playoffs is just as bad as turning the puck over for a breakaway. You absolutely can't do that as consistently as he does. This guy was supposed to be a sniper but he has lost the ability to snipe the puck for some reason. While he works hard, I find him overrated defensively. He is definitely prone to some awful giveaways that result in goals. Last night was hilarious. Armia was being a monster by maintaining possession of the puck while Lehkonen was falling on the ice in a Looney Tunes way as if he was constantly slipping on a banana peel.

That isn't the reason why I would trade him, but I would definitely package him to get a top 4 dman.

Keep him, play him with Danault and Armia on the 3rd line. Go after a goal scorer like Stone. Problem solved. Lehkonen is a keeper in my books.

Drouin / Domi / Gallagher
Tatar / Kotkaniemi / Stone
Lehkonen / Danault / Armia
Hudon / Shaw / Byron

Reactions: Rockomax

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
No way man. You are being way to critical on a 23 year old. He brings so much to the table and he don't take shifts off. Give the kid a break. He is a keeper in my books.

Both MT and CJ like him. Back to back coaches and he is a staple in our middle 6. Huge part of our future and he can also play both wings. He shows up game after game and his speed causes havoc. It's not just about points with Lehkonen people.
Exactly. He's an important part of our leadership core and our leadership is probably one of the main reason why we overachieve this season. Trading him might affect the whole team but anyways, I know he won't get traded.

I wouldn't trade anyone from the team this year tbh, we need to keep the core tightly stitched.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He does a lot of things right. Love the kid for that. But I feel his points are mostly coming off creating turnovers and fighting in the corners for loose pucks rather than creative playmaking. That’s not a bad thing, but it still means he’s limited in what he can do. When the puck is on his stick for an extended amount of time, he’ll make safe plays. He has a bit of tunnel vision and his shot just isn’t what we originally thought it was.

I’m not saying I want him off the team, I’m just saying he’s the perfect trade chip to improve the team and get a real impact player.

I get the Lars Eller vibe. Lars is great, does a lot of nice things. But at the end of the day he’s a 30-35 point player and leaves you wanting more because on the surface he looks like he could do more.

We'll see as he is on pace for 38 and at 23 who's to say he won't get better if he can physically mature a bit more, add some mass and strength over the next 2-4 years and perhaps he's a 40+ pt 3rd liner that can play either wing. (I think he's better at RW)

If the Habs were say doing what TB is doing, I'd be for upgrading, but seeing how the Habs aren't that good and are building to be a contender one day hopefully sooner then later then there's no need to trade him unless it's an overpay.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Well, he has 3 points in his last 15 games, and has 27 shots on goal. He’s getting ~16+ minutes per game also.

I mean, he is working out there. Effort is clearly there. However, he did pass his point total from last year and will likely pass his rookie totals quite easily.

I was hoping for more from him offensively, but I don’t think this will be the year.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
Oh, I see Danault is off the hook for now, and we're getting rid of Lehkonen instead. Wonder who is it going to be next month.
The thing is, he’s had his chances. He just doesn’t score. I was a believer, I really was but I’m afraid he’ll never turn the proverbial corner like we all hoped he would.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Worst shooting I've seen from a player. Every shot he takes he either fans on or misses the net. It's unreal.
When he left the penalty box. He received a pass, maybe to 15 ft of the net ans he shoots on the opponents skate. Wow. Incredible

Jul 6, 2016
Honestly, Hudon always plays well with Armia. I'd go

Drouin Danault Gallagher
Tatar Domi Shaw
Hudon KK Armia
Lehkonen Chaput/Peca Weise/Dlo

Nothing to lose to ty it I guess. while waiting for Byron to come back.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Nothing to lose to ty it I guess. while waiting for Byron to come back.

And when Byron comes back, who knows if Hudon-Chaput/Peca/Brassard(?)-Lehkonen might work well. They were good on opposite wings last year.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The guy may be the solution for our 4th line. He certainly isn't for the 3rd line anyway.

He's working hard but he has the talent of a 4th liner.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The thing is, he’s had his chances. He just doesn’t score. I was a believer, I really was but I’m afraid he’ll never turn the proverbial corner like we all hoped he would.

Statistically, he's a 30 point player that takes below 1 mln of our cap, and plays an excellent game without the puck. How is that a bad thing?

Reactions: Andrei79

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If they drop Lekonen to the 4th line then they really need to move him to RW, imo he's better there.

If we ever have a fully healthy top 9, it will be interesting to see who gets put on the 4th line. I doubt it will be Byron, or Armia. So it looks like it's between Lehkonen and Shaw. I assumed it would be Shaw. But Shaw may end up beating out Lehkonen. Eventually, Julien has to go withwhoever earns the top 9 minutes. Right now, it's Shaw.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I'm finished with Lehkonen. Let's trade him. The only reason I'd think to keep him is to surround Kotka with more Finns during his rookie year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm finished with Lehkonen. Let's trade him. The only reason I'd think to keep him is to surround Kotka with more Finns during his rookie year.

I mean if you can get a better player in a trade sure. But he's still a useful player. Right now, he'd improve the 4th line. And we don't know what his offensive ceiling is. He's so young.

Armia is great in many aspects of the game, but I never see him putting up big points either.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
I mean if you can get a better player in a trade sure. But he's still a useful player. Right now, he'd improve the 4th line. And we don't know what his offensive ceiling is. He's so young.

Armia is great in many aspects of the game, but I never see him putting up big points either.
Armia is amazing. He's much better than Lehks. Armia is not someone I would ever want to move. He's great defensively and his elite puck retrieval skills are very valuable because he can get the puck to a skilled centre like Kotkaniemi who can drive the play. Lehkonen in theory would be a great fit for this team because he drives the net and seemed to be a great trigger man. However, he looks awful this year and I don't see any progression from game to game. He's never impressed me this year with his play. Armia does every game.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Guy hustles and works harder than anyone, but unfortunately has 0 offensive skills. Useful PKer and energy line guy, but thats it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Armia is amazing. He's much better than Lehks. Armia is not someone I would ever want to move. He's great defensively and his elite puck retrieval skills are very valuable because he can get the puck to a skilled centre like Kotkaniemi who can drive the play. Lehkonen in theory would be a great fit for this team because he drives the net and seemed to be a great trigger man. However, he looks awful this year and I don't see any progression from game to game. He's never impressed me this year with his play. Armia does every game.

Armia is impressive, but still doesn't produce much offense. I look forward to KK moving on from him. Hopefully I'm wrong and Armia starts to turn his vast skills into plays that generate goals.

Lehkonen is great on the forecheck. He's always been good with Danault. A Lehkonen-Danault-Byron/Shaw line would be effective at both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad