Prospect Info: Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I think this guy is Lehkonen

23323983.jpg

Edit: aand late

Should have drafted the lady measuring his height. She is HUGE.;)

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I thought both Lehkonen and DLR disappointed somewhat at the U-18's, and lowered their stock. Teams have a tendency to go for the flavour of the month..Habs may have been fortunate to have them drop..time will tell.

On a lot of lists going into the season Fucale, Lehkonen and DLR were considered candidates for the top 15. A lot of potential there.

Drydenwasthebest

Jun 16, 2009
Damn it. We should have taken Diaby with this pick. We do ont need another Collberg or Kristo. We already have them AND Gallagher. I am losing faith in Timmins with this draft.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
Sweet

Tells us more about him. NHL potential?
His puck skills and hockey IQ are easily first round caliber, but being small and not being the fastest skater are big question marks for his future NHL career. He's not exactly bad skater, but his top speed is not as good as you would hope for a smallish forward. His competitiveness makes up a lot, but he needs to bulk up a lot to be more effective in puck battles. There's that top-6 and powerplay potential, but he still has a few years before he is ready to come over. His 14 goals and 30 points in 45 games as a 17 year old (turns 18 in a few days) in the Finnish elite league is a really impressive feat in the lockout season with many NHLers. For comparison his lock-out teammate Derek Stepan had 4 points in 12 games.

Heard Cammalleri as well.

Fun project, would have taken Carrier though
That's also a pretty good comparison. I see Artturi being more gritty than Cammalleri. Cammy is more like a straight shooting sniper, whereas Lehkonen's goals come from driving the net fearlessly with his great hand-eye-coordination and natural ability of nose for the net.

Thanks to our Finnish friends for the info! I'm more at ease with this pick now. :nod:

We haven't drafted ''big'' names (except Fucale) but this is generally when Timmins surprises us. We can't expect to draft the well known guys with late picks after all.
No problem. I'm just really excited to get the kid back home. I was devastated when he defected my TPS team a year ago, but so happy to get him as a part of the Habs, my favorite NHL team since Saku's draft.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I thought both Lehkonen and DLR disappointed somewhat at the U-18's, and lowered their stock. Teams have a tendency to go for the flavour of the month..Habs may have been fortunate to have them drop..time will tell.

On a lot of lists going into the season Fucale, Lehkonen and DLR were considered candidates for the top 15. A lot of potential there.

I like the pick, Lehkonen is very skilled. I think he has a history of concussions though, is that right?

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Well, it only took us 3 picks before we got a player with skill.

Very excited about those SM-Liga stats at that age. The first player I thought of was Saku.

Very promising.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Closer to 6' tall and is still a teen ager. Sweet hands but his concussion history is concerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad