Prospect Info: Artturi Lehkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

Another smallish skilled forward. It's where DLR and McCarron make life for them easier.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Does sound a bit like Collberg... another value pick for the spot in the draft. Can't complain... even if there are other players I'm more familiar with and liked better only from familiarity, you can't really argue when you're obviously getting skill value that is above the draft pick slot.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
There is picture where he is measured at the combine. It was about 5'11.5.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
what's his upside/skill level compared to Collberg/Hudon/Kristo et al.

Of these, I think Kristo is the closest, more sense and maybe a slight bit more grit and less high end speed. Lehkonen could end up the biggest though when all is said and done.

Collberg is still the best pure sniper of this group though.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
I really don't know about this pick. Whats his upside? Top6 I hope?
Definitely. He is top-6 or bust. Absolutely no other NHL role except top-6. Very skilled but very weak. Plays like a bigger man though, and doesn't shy away from contact. He had some concussion issues after being headhunted by Jarkko Ruutu.

Here's a highlight video of his skills:

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
I think this guy is Lehkonen

23323983.jpg

Edit: aand late

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Good pick, finally someone with some kind of offensive game. Don't mind De La Rose at all, not sure how I feel about Fucale's selection, although I'm leaning on not hating it. Still would've prefered Zykov over McCarron at this point, that kid has character AND a nice shot.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The biggest issue with him is that he's weak. It doesn't stop him but he definitely needs to bulk up, and he's a higher risk with that than Collberg, who has strong legs.

I believe he has the work ethic to make it though, and time is on his size.

Jack DiBiase

Team Iceland Coach
Nov 15, 2008
I've heard him compared to Gallagher in the way they're skilled, small but fearless. Lehkonen will drive the net.
That's actually a very good comparison.

BTW I've been following his career since he was like 10 years old. I also used to go to summer hockey camps ran by his father, when I played junior hockey.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
That's actually a very good comparison.

BTW I've been following his career since he was like 10 years old. I also used to go to summer hockey camps ran by his father, when I played junior hockey.

Heard Cammalleri as well.

Fun project, would have taken Carrier though

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Thanks to our Finnish friends for the info! I'm more at ease with this pick now. :nod:

We haven't drafted ''big'' names (except Fucale) but this is generally when Timmins surprises us. We can't expect to draft the well known guys with late picks after all.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Thanks to our Finnish friends for the info! I'm more at ease with this pick now. :nod:

We haven't drafted ''big'' names (except Fucale) but this is generally when Timmins surprises us. We can't expect to draft the well known guys with late picks after all.

JDLR and Lehkonen were both projected to be late first rounders in most mocks. The 7th and 9th ranked European based players respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad