Confirmed with Link: Artturi Lehkonen (1 Year @ $2.3M)

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal
I remember him being very good against the NYR in the 2017 playoffs. I thought we had a player at the time. Since then, I feel like he didn’t progress at all, I don’t particularly like him as a player. He doesn’t know what to do with a puck.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Maybe but I don't think Armia is worth all that money for 4 years. That was my point.

Lekhonen is rfa but he's not like he has that much value from his offensive play
Armia would have easily found a team to sign him for 4 years. As for Lehky, one year is fine.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I was hoping they might be able to get some term on his next deal but I can see how him and his agent might still be hoping that he'll have his big breakout year on offense . He's a really good depth guy in any case, I take him on my team any time.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
One year is surprising. Seems like they couldn't agree neither on a long-term contract, nor a 2-year contract that would have taken him to UFA. My guess is Lehkonen has bet on himself, as he's entering what should be his best years age-wise.

A $100k raise from the qualifying offer is likely to avoid arbitration. Could he have gotten more if he went that route?
The Habs probably had no interest in a 2 year deal, unless it was for the same money, in which case Lehkonen would have no interest, when he has arbitration rights, both now and next summer.

Reactions: Archijerej

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Sorry, I do not know you, but you seem to be a good guy. As player-coach, I not only put you in, but I will skip my turn for you!
Thanks coach I appreciate the sacrifice, and yes I’m happier to hear lehkonen is still an RFA in 2022; not an asset I’d like to lose for 0

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This is a nice deal. It's very versatile for both the Habs (trade deadline) and Leks. I like him, I hope he gels on a good line and has a great season!

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Would rather have given 4 years to Lekhonen and 1 to Armia in my opinion
Just a sec……

a quote from a poster

One can hope Bergevin has finally learned to STOP giving 4 years deals to waiver-wire pickups and bottom-line players.

you responded

He will never learn

but now you would of wanted a 4yr contract for Lehkonen instead……so you are in favour of these 4yr contracts for 4th liners…..or are you not…????

Or maybe you just like bitching about the GM?

Reactions: Mandala

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I remember him being very good against the NYR in the 2017 playoffs. I thought we had a player at the time. Since then, I feel like he didn’t progress at all, I don’t particularly like him as a player. He doesn’t know what to do with a puck.

I know what you mean. He might have been the best habs forward not named Radulov in 2017 playoffs.

Last edited:

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Just a sec……

a quote from a poster

you responded

but now you would of wanted a 4yr contract for Lehkonen instead……so you are in favour of these 4yr contracts for 4th liners…..or are you not…????

Or maybe you just like bitching about the GM?
He only said he'd rather Lehkonen get the 4 years not that he's in favour of anything. Read more and try to dunk on posters less.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad