Prospect Info: Arttu Ruotsalainen

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
I was reading he has a couple more years left on his Finnish deal so if he signs with the Sabres and doesn't make the Sabres roster then he goes back to his Finnish team to play. I wonder if he could step in and play bottom 6 minutes this year or if he needs another season in Finland first.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
I was reading he has a couple more years left on his Finnish deal so if he signs with the Sabres and doesn't make the Sabres roster then he goes back to his Finnish team to play. I wonder if he could step in and play bottom 6 minutes this year or if he needs another season in Finland first.

That’s kinda crappy. I was hoping he’d be with Roch next year they are going to need some offence soon.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Which is counter intuitive, as early reports (listed articles) were saying that the team (Ilves) was hoping to sign him after this season.

Noma

It's true he has two more years left on his deal with Ilves, but the report that he could't be assigned to the AHL is not true. That rule only applies for non-1st-rounders under the age of 20.

Reactions: Chainshot

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Roster selection's often political. Hopefully that's the case for the Sabres' sake

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
What are the chances he makes the team? 10%? I wouldn’t be against him being a 4th line offensive threat. Still need to move underachievers off the forward ranks though

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
What are the chances he makes the team? 10%? I wouldn’t be against him being a 4th line offensive threat. Still need to move underachievers off the forward ranks though
Right.. we are foolish to not see what we can get out of him, if from no other motivation than that historically horrific half a season we just endured. He probably won’t be worse than many current options, and if he somehow is, at least you can say you tried.

Give him a real chance if he looks like he can hang when he gets here.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad