Article about goalie prospect Igor Shestyorkin

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Great interview with Buchnevich right below the story about Shesterkin.

'On Saturday we have some sort of a club activity with policemen. I didn't really understand what it's all about but I think it will be similar to events in St. Petersburg. You go somewhere, people take pictures and you go.'

That's worth reading to--Buchnevich seems pretty straight forward and not at all awestruck.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
Great interview with Buchnevich right below the story about Shesterkin.

'On Saturday we have some sort of a club activity with policemen. I didn't really understand what it's all about but I think it will be similar to events in St. Petersburg. You go somewhere, people take pictures and you go.'

That's worth reading to--Buchnevich seems pretty straight forward and not at all awestruck.

Good read on Shest, but the Buch interview was interesting. Seems like he struggled with the testing and conditioning aspects on day one. Seems like hes has pretty good expectation for himself as well. Brushed it off when asked if he was worried it took him a few games to score.

Can only see this kid getting better as he gets stronger, faster, and more suited for the NA game.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
Buch interview was posted in his thread, but guess not a lot of people saw it. I think I will make a thread for it. It's too interesting too miss. My wife translated it last week. We got several requests for more translation, and now will be posting them regularly. Not being Russian myself, I find these interviews fascinating because they are so honest. Getting back to Shestyorkin, I think the kid has some serious mental toughness - good quality to have if he ever makes it to the NHL.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Buch interview was posted in his thread, but guess not a lot of people saw it. I think I will make a thread for it. It's too interesting too miss. My wife translated it last week. We got several requests for more translation, and now will be posting them regularly. Not being Russian myself, I find these interviews fascinating because they are so honest. Getting back to Shestyorkin, I think the kid has some serious mental toughness - good quality to have if he ever makes it to the NHL.

Awesome to hear you and she will be doing this. Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad