OT: Article about ex-WInnipeg Jets Prospect Nic Kerdiles (Update: RIP 1994-2023)

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta

Nic Kerdiles Opens Up About How Savannah Chrisley and Todd Chrisley Helped Him Survive a Suicide Attempt​

nicolas-kerdiles-2019-6378.jpg

Chrisley Knows Best star Nic Kerdiles opened up about how he survived a suicide attempt with the help of Savannah Chrisley and Todd Chrisley.

“I’m super grateful to be here today,” Kerdiles, 28, who was joined by Savannah, 24, and Todd, 52, said in a lengthy Instagram video on Wednesday, February 2. “I recently went through COVID as well, and now, reading a lot more about it, I kind of understand why this situation might have happened that occurred the other night.”

The former athlete explained that he was on an unspecified medication due to his COVID diagnosis, noting, “I decided to mix alcohol with it to a point that I don’t remember anything that happened that night.”

Kerdiles, who split from Savannah in September 2020, recalled that he was “blacked out” as a result of mixing the medication and alcohol. He had plans to see a friend, who he credited for helping him during the incident.

“If he wasn’t there, I don’t know if I would still be here today to be completely honest,” the Texas native said. “I had a gun by me, and I don’t know where I was at in my mental state, but between the depression, anxiety, the COVID effects, the medication, the alcohol I did something that I never thought I would ever do.”

more:

Savannah Chrisley's Ex Nic Kerdiles Details Suicide Attempt

-----

It's great that athletes can open up about their mental health struggles nowadays, when at one point, it was considered "weak" to do so. Being diagnosed with a chemical imbalance when I was a teenager, I have personal experience with the struggles of mental health issues. I urge anyone that may be going through tough times, to reach out and get help. Believe in yourself. You're worth it.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Nic Kerdiles Opens Up About How Savannah Chrisley and Todd Chrisley Helped Him Survive a Suicide Attempt​

Chrisley Knows Best star Nic Kerdiles opened up about how he survived a suicide attempt with the help of Savannah Chrisley and Todd Chrisley.

“I’m super grateful to be here today,” Kerdiles, 28, who was joined by Savannah, 24, and Todd, 52, said in a lengthy Instagram video on Wednesday, February 2. “I recently went through COVID as well, and now, reading a lot more about it, I kind of understand why this situation might have happened that occurred the other night.”

The former athlete explained that he was on an unspecified medication due to his COVID diagnosis, noting, “I decided to mix alcohol with it to a point that I don’t remember anything that happened that night.”

Kerdiles, who split from Savannah in September 2020, recalled that he was “blacked out” as a result of mixing the medication and alcohol. He had plans to see a friend, who he credited for helping him during the incident.

“If he wasn’t there, I don’t know if I would still be here today to be completely honest,” the Texas native said. “I had a gun by me, and I don’t know where I was at in my mental state, but between the depression, anxiety, the COVID effects, the medication, the alcohol I did something that I never thought I would ever do.”

more:

-----

It's great that athletes can open up about their mental health struggles nowadays, when at one point, it was considered "weak" to do so. Being diagnosed with a chemical imbalance when I was a teenager, I have personal experience with the struggles of mental health issues. I urge anyone that may be going through tough times, to reach out and get help. Believe in yourself. You're worth it.
Thanks for sharing something that would be taboo in years past.
I really hope you are well past that.
:thumbu:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

more:

-----

Good share.

I remember Michael Lansberg being one of the first higher profile people to be a pioneer on very openly sharing his struggles. Listening to him talk helped me understand way more back then.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I do not want to sound preachy, but Kerdiles had a BAC of 0.124% when he was involved in his fatal collision, which is well above the legal limit of 0.08%. Very sad when people make unwise decisions when intoxicated. I still remember when Pelle Lindburgh crashed his Ferreri into a brick wall after a Flyers win in the fall of 1985. I think Lindburgh was 3x the legal limit at the time of his death.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad