Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
Opinion: Panarin should cut his hair at the end of each season.

Clearly it is like deadheading roses.
Makes him faster by reducing air resistance/drag, opens his peripheral vision and improves his on ice hearing to identify open teammates verbally.

:D:D:D

On a serious note, Panarin had the puck on his stick for 2:17 in the offensive zone and completed 51 passes in the offensive zone last night. That's insane.

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I feel like we're seeing this season who are competitors and who are not. Panarin and Laf are competitors. Mika and Kakko are not. I don't know if Lavi did anything with Panarin or Panarin was just embarrassed by last season and self evaluated but this is the best he's been at least since his first year here. Maybe ever.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He's the reason I have hope for Zibs. They both deteriorated under Gallant imo. Their 5v5 play was rancid imo

Panarin rediscovered his identity and has even brought it to new heights... Now it's Zibs' turn.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I finally was able to fix the log in!

Hey remember when this guy was an anchor of a contract?

1703993656826.png

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hes been a shot volume machine. Hes on pace to shatter his career best by over 100 SOG.

The threat of actually shooting has opened things up for him and has obviously jacked up his goal totals. Hes not doing this on the back of some never before seen shooting % either, he's kind of within an ear shot of his career average.

Still needs to do this in the playoffs though but this is the best he's played since year 1.

Also guess we can put the "HE NEEDS STROME!" nonsense to bed. He was always the one carrying Strome.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
LMAO @ skating speed (though not sure what goes in to it). Still manages to be the best in the league at rush offense.
There’s no way 85% of the league is faster than him, I’m not sure if perhaps this uses something amounting to average speed because he is prone to taking longer shifts than most and staying out longer which could bring it down

Reactions: BreadKick

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Bread doesn't have outright burner speed compared to many guys but he has very good quickness and strong deceptive change of speeds. He uses that very well. He also thinks quicker than 95% of the league. The biggest thing is mindset. He took last years playoffs to heart. He dedicated himself to coming back better and it shows on the ice. Huge props to him for that.

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
Panarin always said that he is slow. But since the puck still moves faster than any NHL player, it doesn't bother him.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
All because had 1(!) bad post-season in his career, in a 7-game series where 80% of the team refused to show up
People are still saying this? He is a career -16(!) through a statisically significant 57 playoff games in the NHL.

When teams do their homework and adapt to him with the attention-to-detail of a 7-game series, he doesn't change. He attempts the same drop passes to no one in the offensive zone that lead to giveaways every time because they work in the regular season when opponents aren't studying tape on him.

Until he shows an ability to adapt to teams preparing for him specifically over a 7-game series, he's going to continue to be a playoff disappointment. I hope the new coaching we have allows him to take that step.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Panarin has never been fast. His strengths were always in how slippery he was in the OZ - he was a master in creating his own space and opening up passing lanes. He’s also always been elite at making things happen when there are a ton of moving parts, that remained consistent even when he was at his worst.

He’s lost a step and he isn’t as quick as he used to be. He’s combated that this year by making himself a real shooting threat where teams not only have to respect that he’ll shot it but fear the outcome when he does. Wasn’t on my Panarin bingo card but it’s worked. What’s more impressive is that he doesn’t take a ton of really dumb shots either. Kreider will take more of these in a game than Panarin has taken all year.

Being 5th percentile in speed tracks but it also doesn’t really matter. It was never his game to begin with.

Reactions: Raspewtin

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Panarin is having such an incredible season. He's shooting way more than he usually does, which is why his goal count is where it is. He's not on a SH% bender/outlier, since if you take his avg SH% over the last four seasons with the Rangers and apply it to this seasons SOG, he would have a whooping...2 less goals.

Dude is for real this season and I love it.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
for a second I thought this was the Artem Anisimov thread revived from the dead and was going to applaud the effort someone put into it

• Haha
Reactions: makdeniss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad