Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I see the 'effort' there. He obviously isn't going to be diving in on the forecheck but he's skating hard to correct things... He'll be fine.

The biggest issues are his linemates and his shift length. He has to cut his shifts down.

I honestly like him better with Zibs ( assuming Zibs gets back to his ways ) than with Strome. Put Panarin with good N/S forechecking capable players. The one player that makes the most sense is Kreider. Kreider stretching/backing up the defense creates more space for Panarin. Kreider gets the puck. His speed an size are a perfect compliment to Panarin's style.

Last edited:

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
A tip of the hat to Panarin.

Next week his charitable foundation will host a hockey match for a 14 y.o. player in need of a heart transplant; all proceeds going to the kid. Shestyorkin and Buchnevich are among the several NHL players who plan to attend.:highclap:

Like to see this language on the enemi's side of internet

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
He’s so talented that he’s PPG while still playing like ass. I’m not sure what his deal is this year, but he’s making so many questionable and lazy decisions with the puck. He needs to clean it up.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Im-Back-John-Wick.gif

expect him to carry the team 5v5 from here on out

how quickly we forgot he's one of the best players in the league.

Last edited:

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Glad to see this man playing both sides of the puck again.

Maybe it was thanks to Torts, but when Artemi first arrived in New York, he was a puck hound on the defensive end.

That's been missing most of this season. He seems to be getting it back.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

Maybe it was thanks to Torts, but when Artemi first arrived in New York, he was a puck hound on the defensive end.

That line of 3 wingers need all of them to hustle back. Panarin didn't get any points but it was great to see him back to playing two way hockey, where he impressed again. What a player.

Reactions: Peltz and tlk

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

Absolutely love this side of his game.

Reactions: Peltz

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

Goes to show you how bad management can slowly deteriorate a player

All of our top players have developed horrible/lazy habits. It has been going unbridled and unchecked for far too long.

If it only takes 20-25 games to break these bad habits, I'd be thrilled. Panarin seems on track. Strome looked good. Now to get Mika on board.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Goes to show you how bad management can slowly deteriorate a player

All of our top players have developed horrible/lazy habits. It has been going unbridled and unchecked for far too long.

If it only takes 20-25 games to break these bad habits, I'd be thrilled. Panarin seems on track. Strome looked good. Now to get Mika on board.

Panarin getting onboard has freed up Strome too, he is no center but with Panarin and Kakko taking on defensive duties Strome is noticeably better.

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I wonder what happened. He looks like his usual self again. Was Russia sending threats again? Turning 30 got in his head? Totally different player.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I wonder what happened. He looks like his usual self again. Was Russia sending threats again? Turning 30 got in his head? Totally different player.

Maybe he started to believe? He himself said he is in a better mood now and he looks it too.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Panarin getting onboard has freed up Strome too, he is no center but with Panarin and Kakko taking on defensive duties Strome is noticeably better.
He has been diving in hard on the forecheck

One of the only centers to do so... Rooney has been skating well also

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Maybe he started to believe? He himself said he is in a better mood now and he looks it too.
I’m saying before that. Why wasn’t he “believing” considering what a strong season he had last year?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
I think the coach got in his face and he listened. You have to give Gallant credit here after preaching that they give up the slot too much. It's clear they worked on this during the days off.

P.S. unlike Quinn, I do think Gallant has the balls to bench a star player for not playing responsible defense.

Reactions: CLW and CasusBelli

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I’m saying before that. Why wasn’t he “believing” considering what a strong season he had last year?

Yeah I know, Panarin simply didn't look well for a good while. Let's hope whatever was bothering him is in the past. Now for Mika to find himself again.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
Panarin being a point per game player (basically since the 8th game of the season) while playing mostly terrible is a pretty awesome basement.

Reactions: Bread4Life

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
No games for the weekend (( In Russia's time zones that is.
So thought why not bump this...

So how do you guys and gals find Bread's game vs leafs? Especially two-way wise

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
No games for the weekend (( In Russia's time zones that is.
So thought why not up this...

So how do you guys and gals find Bread's game vs leafs? Especially two-way wise
he single handedly killed the Rangers only PP with his stupid passes and he tried to force a lot of plays but he was really strong defensively. games like this are games that I expect from him every now and then. sometimes it's just not working.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
he single handedly killed the Rangers only PP with his stupid passes and he tried to force a lot of plays but he was really strong defensively. games like this are games that I expect from him every now and then. sometimes it's just not working.
well I think it's more important to note this being the SINGLE PP rather than him ruining it))

defensively though, his been huge I think. Obstructed a breakaway too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad