Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
We're assuming this is true.

Carp also half assed dropped a bogus rumor that Montgomery didn't take the NYR job because he didn't trust that they'd see the rebuild through. Granted he dropped this nugget with more conviction but still.
Vince also strongly suggested this was the case re: Panarin and Blackwell on a podcast towards the end or soon after the season ended.

I'm guessing Gallant will also give weight to what makes his best player most comfortable as well,

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Vince also strongly suggested this was the case re: Panarin and Blackwell on a podcast towards the end or soon after the season ended.

I'm guessing Gallant will also give weight to what makes his best player most comfortable as well,

Panarin's role should be like Kucherov's on the Lightning, part of the team, not the superstar diva everything goes through. That's the stupid Eichel setup that imploded Buffalo and part of the reason Quinn failed miserably.

RickChartraw

Oct 12, 2018
thats not good to hear if true, everyone know blackwell isn't a top 6rw. hoping he likes himself some kravstov.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He will, of course.

If playing with Panarin makes him comfortable, then Gallant has to listen to Blackwell, like you said.
tenor.gif

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
We're assuming this is true.

Carp also half assed dropped a bogus rumor that Montgomery didn't take the NYR job because he didn't trust that they'd see the rebuild through. Granted he dropped this nugget with more conviction but still.

That one goes way back before Carp.

Irina

Jan 15, 2019
Panarin has zero chemistry with Kakko. Kaapo is too slow for him both phisically and mentally. He has improved a lot defensively but he's a black hole offensively. Team's most expensive player has to produce, and has not to develop young player. Panarin produced better with Colin.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Panarin has zero chemistry with Kakko. Kaapo is too slow for him both phisically and mentally. He has improved a lot defensively but he's a black hole offensively. Team's most expensive player has to produce, and has not to develop young player. Panarin produced better with Colin.
Give me a break, Blackwell is an ok player but I highly doubt panarin was walking into Quinn’s office demanding he plays with Blackwell. Why not demand to play with Kreider or buch or zib? This is such a stupid statement by carp

Reactions: Captain Lindy

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Wait till everyone finds out Quinn was actually a great coach who was bullied by a 5’10 160lb Russian into shuffling all the lines. He was the one who loved Howden, he dominated over Quinn in team meetings and dictated all the lines & game plans himself and made Quinn sit down and take it. He was the one who demanded Gauthier be scratched for a month. Panarin was the evil mastermind behind David Quinn all along.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Wait till everyone finds out Quinn was actually a great coach who was bullied by a 5’10 160lb Russian into shuffling all the lines. He was the one who loved Howden, he dominated over Quinn in team meetings and dictated all the lines & game plans himself and made Quinn sit down and take it. He was the one who demanded Gauthier be scratched for a month. Panarin was the evil mastermind behind David Quinn all along.
Eccentric people are often the most charismatic and convincing

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Eh, I feel like superstar-level players in all sports have a tendency to make certain requests or push the coach to make certain decisions with respect to the roster, game plan, whatever. I don't really see Panarin indicating a preferred linemate as being any kind of big deal. I mean it would be different if he were throwing fits or trashing Kakko in the open or refusing to play with him, but that's clearly not the case. Seems like much ado about nothing to me.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Quinn did legitimately ask Panarin and Strome who they wanted when Fast was the choice, and he said so in a presser.

Maybe this rumor stems from that. Or maybe there's truth to Panarin continuing to lobby for those Fast-types.

There are so many accounts, as well as what we seen and heard for ourselves, that suggest Quinn was being treated like a substitute teacher by many of our stars.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Panarin has 153 points in his last 111 games. I think he has earned the right to ask to play with whoever he wants. Clearly he understands which players have worked well with him.
So, do we have to keep Blackwell? And keep our top prospect out of the second line so that he can either play on the first line with another kid or has to play bottom 6? Panarin is great but the team is bigger than him and his preferences. Not being able to play both Kakko and Laf in the top 6 to cater to him is a problem imo.

Reactions: LOFIN

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Eh, I feel like superstar-level players in all sports have a tendency to make certain requests or push the coach to make certain decisions with respect to the roster, game plan, whatever. I don't really see Panarin indicating a preferred linemate as being any kind of big deal. I mean it would be different if he were throwing fits or trashing Kakko in the open or refusing to play with him, but that's clearly not the case. Seems like much ado about nothing to me.
I mean if some people are taking this as Panarin having issues with Kakko no it's not that. They just don't mesh together as a line when Strome is out there with Panarin. Kakko and Panarin might not work together at all, but that shouldn't be an issue. As long as we can fit them both (plus Laf and Kravtsov) to the top-6, all is good.

The issue here is that Strome and Panarin need someone who is really a hard working winger who will grind it out, be the first one to the puck and also the first one to defend. And while Blackwell tries his best, his toolbox is limited. I'd rather get rid of Strome, and try to find that 2-way center and inject some young talent (be it Kravtsov or Kakko, maybe Kravtsov) next to Panarin.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
So, do we have to keep Blackwell? And keep our top prospect out of the second line so that he can either play on the first line with another kid or has to play bottom 6? Panarin is great but the team is bigger than him and his preferences. Not being able to play both Kakko and Laf in the top 6 to cater to him is a problem imo.

What's so special about the top six? Kakko (or anyone really) can get plenty of time on the third line. Just give the fourth line severely reduced minutes - like 5 a game - and there are plenty of minutes to go around.

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad