Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
We should acquire Tyler Johnson and call up Abramov.

Panarin (5'11") - Johnson (5'9") - Atkinson (5'8")
Calvert (5'11") - Tynan (5'8") - Abramov (5'9")
Maybe re-sign Gagner (5'11").

Not ELITE players though, at least not yes I believe is his point. Toews/Kane are better than any forward on our roster.

Panarin played more with Anisimov than Toews. I think Wennberg's game will compliment his very well. Main difference will be the defense focusing on him rather than Kane.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I know they were different ages when these stats happened, but here are each of their regular season stats with Chicago.

Saad - 208 GP, 52 G, 74 A, 126 PTS (0.61 PTS/GM)

Panarin - 162 GP, 61 G, 90 A, 151 PTS (0.93 PTS/GM)

You guys/gals wanted us to get better and more skilled on offense. We do just that and you still complain.

Reactions: hardkorejackets

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Not ELITE players though, at least not yes I believe is his point. Toews/Kane are better than any forward on our roster.

Panarin - Wennberg - Atkinson (Bjorkstrand)
Jones - Weresnki
Bobrosky

That seems pretty elite to me.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Panarin-Wennberg-Kovalchuk

god I'm going to bust

Would he really fit with them. Panarin and Wennberg would seem to be on a different level as skaters at this point. I just don't see the point in signing him, unless he will do a 1 year deal and I really doubt he will do that.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
If Panarin could get along with f..cking Znarok, Torts is not a problem.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
We should acquire Tyler Johnson and call up Abramov.

Panarin (5'11") - Johnson (5'9") - Atkinson (5'8")
Calvert (5'11") - Tynan (5'8") - Abramov (5'9")
Maybe re-sign Gagner (5'11").

Panarin played more with Anisimov than Toews. I think Wennberg's game will compliment his very well. Main difference will be the defense focusing on him rather than Kane.

Yes he played with Anisimov that wasn't my point..My point was showing their elite players while we have none. Kane is much much much better than Cam. So for your last point yes you're correct,

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
I'm in the undecided camp as well. Panarin looks incredible and is without a doubt one of the better offensive players we have had in the organization, and looks to still have room to improve. Everything points to this being a great move on paper, however the question really rests on how much you believe Torts has changed since his days in NYC. Personally, I think Tort's is more about effort than system now and that may make this a significantly better fit than many think.

Regardless, I think this is as much about how the organization viewed Saad as how they view Panarin. Saad had great 5v5 numbers, however he always seemed to feed of the play rather than driving it and as many have said I don't think he ever got over being dumped by Chicago after their cups. Personally, I would tend to agree with the organization. As much as I like Saad he always seemed like the perfect second line wing rather than a truly elite offensive wing.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
People think we won this trade.... how?

We got a inferior two way player and we probably will only have him for two years. Also he is older and stats could have been inflated playing with Kane.

Then why weren't Saad's stats inflated playing with Chicago? Panarin is just flat out better (more skilled) than Saad. As others have said, Saad is who he is.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Why would we want a washed up Kovy, while most likely giving up assets and overpaying to get him? Serious.

Depends on the assets. If we give up a 3rd or our 8th prospect (idk who that would be) then great.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If you just take everything after the equal signs and put them in the YouTube tag it should work [ YT ] CONTENT [ / YT ] (without the spaces)

No I said you don't know what you're going to get like when we traded for players such as Carter or Gaborik. I agree we need offensive players but my point is I do not like the fact that we can lose Panarin in 2 years and we have to trade Saad to get Panarin for an unknown amount of time.

I think people here are blinded and assuming things. Just because I say I think the trade was a lateral move does not mean I think Panarin is not good. He is close to if not elite offensively but I like Saads all around game and contract more.

Ideally Panarin re-signs for cheap, produces in Cbus, and plays multiple years here. I don't know how likely that is though, and for that reason I'm not the biggest fan of the trade.

Question, can you re-sign at any point in time? I'd Panarin re-signed for 4-5 more years I would feel a lot better about it.
Okay I get what you're saying, you just need to work on your delivery, you let your emotions get the best of you and you come off like the world's biggest pessimist.
Panarin - Wennberg - Atkinson (Bjorkstrand)
Jones - Weresnki
Bobrosky

That seems pretty elite to me.

Just imagine if a few players develop properly and Panarin resigns in a few seasons we could be looking like...

Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson/Bjork
Milano-PLD-Atkinson/Bjork
Jenner-Dubi-Anderson
Foligno-Sedlak-Kolesar?

With Jarmo in charge I could see Dubi and or Foligno getting shipped off if they get pushed to far down the lineup in the coming years.

Which should be a good thing because it means we have too many skilled forwards.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Then why weren't Saad's stats inflated playing with Chicago? Panarin is just flat out better (more skilled) than Saad. As others have said, Saad is who he is.

I don't think you understand do I have to spell it out for you?

Panarin is a better offensive player than Saad. Saad is a more complete player. Saad played more of a shutdown role with Toews. Panarin was playing on a more offensive minded line, also Panarin got more PP time.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Bob yes. Defense, maybe, maybe Jones. Other than that who?

Panarin beat out some guy named McDavid for the Calder and has been the 16th and 11th (respectively) highest scoring player in the league in his two years. How is that not elite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad