Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
If want to play Strome with Panarin why don't we exchange the bad Strome (Ryan) for the good one (Dylan)?

He might actually be more viable to keep now though since it's less likely a big long term deal is out there from any one with the cap situation. There is still zero situation where I would give him more than 2 years for any realistic AAV.
I wouldn’t call Dylan the “good” Strome. Not at all.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
I would, which is why I did.

Ryan, surprisingly, only outscored Dylan by 5 5v5 points in 200 more minutes while playing almost his whole year with an MVP candidate. Dylan played a good amount with Kane but also a lot with way lesser guys (Dach/A. Nylander)

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would, which is why I did.

Ryan, surprisingly, only outscored Dylan by 5 5v5 points in 200 more minutes while playing almost his whole year with an MVP candidate. Dylan played a good amount with Kane but also a lot with way lesser guys (Dach/A. Nylander)

Ok. I'll bite. What assets are we giving up for Dylan Strome?

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Didn't take long for the anti-Strome talk to return lol

How about we ask the Breadman himself, does he like playing with Strome? It's a surprise no beat reporter has even asked the stupid question to Breadman, "What's it like playing with Ryan? What does he bring to your game?"

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Didn't take long for the anti-Strome talk to return lol

How about we ask the Breadman himself, does he like playing with Strome? It's a surprise no beat reporter has even asked the stupid question to Breadman, "What's it like playing with Ryan? What does he bring to your game?"

Some people just don't like Ryan Strome. Some people think anyone can put up those numbers playing with Panarin, even though Panarin never produced better than this season with Strome.

I saw the same with Guentzel, and the Penguins still committed to him. I wonder why

Reactions: will1066

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
the discussion about strome should be (and always has been) about his cap hit...whether or not he fits with panarin is a known. the debate is how much of the cap he should take up especially with a flat cap. I put him into a similar bucket as fast, in that it absolutely hate to lose a player like that over cap but at the same time you can put yourself in cap hell for years by overpaying cause they are valuable but not stars. they question is what the right cap hit is but I don't know why anyone wouldn't keep strome at the 'right' cap hit

Reactions: B17 Apricots

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
they question is what the right cap hit is but I don't know why anyone wouldn't keep strome at the 'right' cap hit

You essentially have to get him to a 3C-level cap hit, because you have to hope thats where he will be if Chytil proves himself the future 2C.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Panarin hit career highs in basically everything playing with Strome.
This again?

Repeating it doesn't make it true that Panarin hit career highs because of Strome. Previously, Panarin hit career highs while playing with Atkinson and PLD the most. Is Strome better than them now?

No.

Strome was the passenger here and really didn't do much to help Panarin hit career highs.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
This again?

Repeating it doesn't make it true that Panarin hit career highs because of Strome. Previously, Panarin hit career highs while playing with Atkinson and PLD the most. Is Strome better than them now?

No.

Strome was the passenger here and really didn't do much to help Panarin hit career highs.

Strome repeating his performance is as likely/unlikely as someone else doing the exact same thing. While it's no guarantee, I think it's foolish to completely ignore the impact Strome had on Panarin this season.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
We already know what is going to happen next year. Panarin will perform worse than this year. It will either be blamed on the Rangers being stupid to play Strome with him again since it wasn’t sustainable or the Rangers not playing him with Strome because he needed Stromes impact on him.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
We already know what is going to happen next year. Panarin will perform worse than this year. It will either be blamed on the Rangers being stupid to play Strome with him again since it wasn’t sustainable or the Rangers not playing him with Strome because he needed Stromes impact on him.

As sad as it may sound, we may have seen the best of Panarin in a Rangers jersey.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
it’s not due to him playing worse. It’s that’s his line won’t put up an all time sh% again.

Panarin was on pace for the 2nd highest point total in franchise history
Zibanejad had a G/GP average that would exceed Jagr's franchise record

It is probably as good as it gets with those two. I hope I'm wrong.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Panarin was on pace for the 2nd highest point total in franchise history
Zibanejad had a G/GP average that would exceed Jagr's franchise record

It is probably as good as it gets with those two. I hope I'm wrong.

I won’t be surprised if this was THE peak year from them, but I also don’t expect them to dip significantly. I think Mika is an P/PG+, 37G+ player from here on and Panarin is a 90+ point player. Sure, Panarin may not pace for 112 again and Mika may not pace for 57/108 again, but I think this is the best 1/2 punch the Rangers could hope or ask for and will continue to be for years. If Kakko becomes 75% of his draft hype, Chytil or Kravstov reaches something neat their potential, Kreider doesn’t fall off a cliff too soon... which is a lot to ask for but also not too unrealistic to hope for, we are in store for a high point. Does that mean we’re gonna win a Cup? Too many teams have peak rosters for years and don’t manage to do so. This roster, however, will keep us entertained and HOPEFUL for years and bring us at least as close as the Cally/Dubi/MSL/Nash crew did.

Last edited:

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Okay. For the sake of argument, let's assume Panarin plays with the best teammates. He's centered by Zibanejad (Everyone hates Strome anyway because he sucks and only leeches off Panarin) and Buchnevich on the right (our best right winger). All of a sudden, that is the only line we have. And I highly doubt that improves Panarin's chances at adding points.

Panarin with Strome and Fast (mostly) is on pace for 115 points. Are we really assuming he could have hit 120 or even 130 if he played with the best teammates? I doubt that would be the case
I would try Panarin- Zibanejad - Fast, Kreider - Chytil - Buch.
Our First LINE would bê like the Bergeron LINE in Boston, and the 2nd one would be a tweneer between 1st and 2nd line( they played great once upon a time this year) I think Strome could be a deadly 3C with an improved Kakko .and, hopefully, Kravtsov.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I honestly think he should win it.

Maybe not the Hart because we're not a great team, people will make that argument, but he should win one of them.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I would try Panarin- Zibanejad - Fast, Kreider - Chytil - Buch.
Our First LINE would bê like the Bergeron LINE in Boston, and the 2nd one would be a tweneer between 1st and 2nd line( they played great once upon a time this year) I think Strome could be a deadly 3C with an improved Kakko .and, hopefully, Kravtsov.

I am not convinced Chytil can play the center role in the top 6

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
I am not convinced Chytil can play the center role in the top 6
I'm hoping he takes the next step next season, but I think he hás chemistry with those guys to make it happen in the 20-21 I'll season. Although I' ll admit i'm higher on Chytil's game/potencial than most of the folks here.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I'm hoping he takes the next step next season, but I think he hás chemistry with those guys to make it happen in the 20-21 I'll season. Although I' ll admit i'm higher on Chytil's game/potencial than most of the folks here.

I think he can be a very useful middle-6 player for a long time, and he reminds me a lot of Anisimov, both in the way he plays and the fact that his moments of brilliance are few and far in between. When he is on, he is able to control the game and flat out dominate on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad