Player Discussion Artemi Panarin

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
What if the other vets also asked for their preferred line-mates, wouldn't the team end up with a line of kids?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I had a similar problem with Panarin when I played for the Rangers in Chel.

Putting us together was a bad idea on the part of the coach and Panarin wouldn't pass to me because he has to carry it all the time.

Eventually he gave in and I didn't hear him complaining when he scored 58 goals.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
The mental image of this is hilarious, Panarin walking in and seeing the whiteboard "Panarin-Strome-Kakko" and yelling at Quinn "Nyet nyet! Nyet Kakko! Breadman & celiacman don't go together!"

But that is kinda alarming tbh lol

that’s not kind of alarming. It’s a serious problem. If that’s the case and your now looking at kakko only playing on first or 3rd line to accommodate the wishes of each high dollar player it could get ugly fast.
Mind as well cue up the Kakko for Tkachuk rumors

Last edited:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
that’s not kind of alarming. It’s a serious problem. If that’s the case and your now looking at kakko only playing on first or 3rd line to accommodate the wishes of each high dollar player it could get ugly fast.
Mind as well cue up the Kakko for Tkachuk rumors

Nonsense. There's plenty of room for both players.

And if Strome gets dealt this offseason and Blackwell gets nabbed by Seattle, both probable, Panarin is going to have to get used to playing with new linemates regardless.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Kravtsov is a much better fit than Kakko on Panarin's line.

I hope that Blackwell's future is either in Seattle or on our 4th line otherwise we will never win a cup
I think Kakko would be fine with Panarin. He's still learning and growing. I do not see a conflict of styles. He will thrive on the boards and doing the dirty work.

Things change drastically when ALL the players are on the same page.... and act like a team.

Reactions: haveandare

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Nonsense. There's plenty of room for both players.

And if Strome gets dealt this offseason and Blackwell gets nabbed by Seattle, both probable, Panarin is going to have to get used to playing with new linemates regardless.
Why is that probable? I think it's only because we say it is. Omitting whether I think they should trade him or not, there is no pressing need to do so. Buchnevich too. Whether or not the find incentive to do so really depends on the climate around the league... I definitely need to get the sentiment, more in the case of Buchnevich.

Still options there, but it is reality… Based on precedent, reinforced by every season in the NHL, combined with Buchnevich's overall situation, it is more probable that they sign in for his last unrestricted year.

Strome already has one year left. If he has proven that he can center Panarin, they're not getting rid of him just because she struggles defensively. Let me preface this by saying I do not necessarily think he is a center. But it's working with Panarin. No GM would purposely break up something like that. His boss is making money when Panarin plays well. Strome has grown on him and that probably should not being messed with. Nylander/Jagr. Actually, very similar. Except he was undoubtedly a C. Were "Buchdaddy" traded, I think he or Chytil would become top six right-wingers. I have a funny feeling Gallant would think that's probably where they should be. Because it is.

So when you say there's "plenty of room," I really would say that in terms of signing Goodrow, Coleman, Hyman--Christ you guessed it, He-man, too... Or like Martinez or somebody. It's coming, and they sign someone every year, so that's the only probability. Especially with the amount of cap and brand-new GM, who wants to prove himself, they have.

Mind you I do think there need to be changes, and at least one of those two guys (or Chytil) is pretty likely to be traded, so I don't think it's "probable" he's traded. Of the three, Buchydaddy has the highest chance, and it's not a terrifically high one, necessarily. Granted, after a significant signing-- especially for a couple of the guys mentioned-- moves have to be made, naturally, but I'd venture a guess it won't be ones that we necessarily expect...

Nothing is probable. Rooney and Gauthier are also eligible. Gauthier is young and very talented but needs different coaching, and Rooney did admirably well as a 3rd liner for significant parts of last season. Opportunity may be all needs, and he would definitely get that on a new team.

I like it, because I think it's interesting to think about, but I personally don't think things are going to change too much with the roster. At least not right away. I have a funny feeling Drury is going to be busy at the trade deadline, as a buyer. But wanting to make trades is not needing to make trades. For other reasons, yes.

PS-- every block of text in this post is one line smaller than the last and it looks 3D when posted. Yes, very high.

* Add Danault to the list of guys.

Edit: Goodbaaaah!

Last edited:

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Kravtsov is a much better fit than Kakko on Panarin's line.

I hope that Blackwell's future is either in Seattle or on our 4th line otherwise we will never win a cup

There are two phases of fandom that get people cised. The growth phase and the transformative excellence phase. Winning a cup is just some awkward in between phase. Like a purgatory.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Does he break or get close to breaking Jagr's Single Season Pts. record?

It be nearly impossible without much better PP production.. To put it in perspective, Jagr had 24G 52Pts on the PP in his record year. McDavid was on a similar pace last season...

I'm hoping his best hockey is still in front of him.

Reactions: Rongomania

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Does he break or get close to breaking Jagr's Single Season Pts. record?

It be nearly impossible without much better PP production.. To put it in perspective, Jagr had 24G 52Pts on the PP in his record year. McDavid was on a similar pace last season...

I'm hoping his best hockey is still in front of him.

There were 5.85 PP/game/team that year. There were 2.9 this year. It will not happen.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Update since 4/17:

20-21 (39GP so far): (18)[+2] multi-point games, (10)[+2] single point games, (11)[+2] 0 point games
Inspired by @TheDirtyH

20-21 (42GP): (19) multi-point games, (10) single-point games, (13) 0 point games

21-22 (10GP so far): (2) multi-point games, (5) single-point games, (3) 0 point games

Reactions: TheDirtyH

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Inspired by @TheDirtyH

20-21 (42GP): (19) multi-point games, (10) single-point games, (13) 0 point games

21-22 (10GP so far): (2) multi-point games, (5) single-point games, (3) 0 point games

damn bro, take it easy on the guy. This thread is so overkill lately. Do you realize Kakko has 0(!) points?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Inspired by @TheDirtyH

Those 21-22 stats aren't even that unflattering even though you know he has another level.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Those 21-22 stats aren't even that unflattering even though you know he has another level.
I thought the same when I looked them up. You wouldn’t think the production was that good just watching him play so far.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I thought the same when I looked them up. You wouldn’t think the production was that good just watching him play so far.
Him and Kakko are opposite. The way Panarin is playing you'd think he's not scoring, albeit some were some secondary assists where he didn't do much. And Kakko looks strong with the puck and has had a few good chances but nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad