Arsenal announce Mikel Arteta as new manager

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Not sure if Arsenal go back in for Upamecano, but I hope they go after Skriniar instead. Hopefully, he is willing to leave the disaster that is known as Inter for greener pastures.

Inter is a growing project, now with a marquee manager. They're also leading the table in Serie A.
Sure they had a s*it 2nd half in Dortmund which cost them a spot in the CL knockout stages, but it's just the beginning on the Conte Inter.
17 games in (Serie A), they look like the biggest threat Juve has faced in 8 years.

I think if Skriniar leaves, it's for one of the "big 7" (City, Liverpool, RM, Barca, PSG, Juve, Bayern).
I can't see anyone else being remotely interesting to him, it's just not a big enough step up in his career.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Inter is in first place. Something I believe Arsenal has not been in at this stage of the season for a while.
They're also leading the table in Serie A.
Being first in a kiddie league is hardly a challenge to be warranted as an accomplishment. If you combine Serie A and EPL, Juve would be the annual Wenger trophy winners and the rest would be mid-table, while AC Milan would face relegation.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Being first in a kiddie league is hardly a challenge to be warranted as an accomplishment. If you combine Serie A and EPL, Juve would be the annual Wenger trophy winners and the rest would be mid-table, while AC Milan would face relegation.

Sure. That's why Juve was in the CL finals twice in the last 5 years.

Reactions: King 88

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Not sure if Arsenal go back in for Upamecano, but I hope they go after Skriniar instead. Hopefully, he is willing to leave the disaster that is known as Inter for greener pastures.

I remain sceptical on Skriniar, not that he's not a good player, but for the price he would fetch, I dunno, especially if it's to shore up a team with as many defensive problems as Arsenal. Plus I agree I don't think it makes all that much sense from his perspective.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I don't rate Skriniar as high as some might. I've seen him duped one too many times in the past. I mean, Bruno Petković had him every which way he wanted when we played Slovakia. Looked like a man playing with a boy, and not a average national team player playing against a star defenseman.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I don't rate Skriniar as high as some might. I've seen him duped one too many times in the past. I mean, Bruno Petković had him every which way he wanted when we played Slovakia. Looked like a man playing with a boy, and not a average national team player playing against a star defenseman.
He has never played that good for Slovakia. And that game against Croatia was just a disaster of our whole team, wouldn't blame just Skriniar

King 88

Mar 5, 2010
Rather be first in "kiddie" league than 11th in big boy league. Why on earth he would join joke team like arsenal :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Inter is in first place. Something I believe Arsenal has not been in at this stage of the season for a while.
I think they could offer wages that would be worth him listening to. But what type of project does it look like if they lose two or three of their best players this summer and probably have no European football, with an unproven manager. Sign me up!

honestly, the problem they have is that other clubs who can offer more will take any major upgrades. Liverpool saw it for a decade. Players who have other choices will take them. Pepe works mainly because they were bidding against themselves. Top talent won’t come if they have half decent options that will pay as well.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Started an Arsenal FM save two weeks ago with an eye to build around all the homegrown youth and only buying teenagers to replace all the players sold. This is how you blow things up. They should hire me as DOF.

6gcc705.jpg

Lgdj03A.jpg

Look at what Aubameyang went for and to who :sarcasm: Take that haterzzzzzz.

Reactions: Live in the Now

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Imagine the reaction here. I think I would explode in anger.
Buying Auba would make Liverpool surpass Barcelona. Though Sokratis runs around with his head cut off, it would still be a great depth signing and allow you lot to sell Lovren to Egypt and Matip/Gomez to oblivion. If I was a LFC supporter, I would like these moves. 29 million is insane though, he won't go for anything higher than 12 million currently.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
They are 15 and you can offer them contracts and get them "free" for that small compensation fee. Jude Bellingham of Birmingham is another high potential player to try to poach at the start of every save.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They are 15 and you can offer them contracts and get them "free" for that small compensation fee. Jude Bellingham of Birmingham is another high potential player to try to poach at the start of every save.
No I understand the mechanics behind it, it's just funny.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Started an Arsenal FM save two weeks ago with an eye to build around all the homegrown youth and only buying teenagers to replace all the players sold. This is how you blow things up. They should hire me as DOF.

6gcc705.jpg

Lgdj03A.jpg

Look at what Aubameyang went for and to who :sarcasm: Take that haterzzzzzz.

Xhaka to United for 30 million is to me the most ridiculous one. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad