Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Well, not exactly. The best that CBJ can give him is < the sub-optimal setup he was getting here.

What this shows is that he won't get what he wanted from CBJ, because they just don't have it with PLD gone.

At some point it is on the player not the situation. He got his shot with a 1C here for most of last season.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
At some point it is on the player not the situation. He got his shot with a 1C here for most of last season.
Holy - give the guy a break... once they figure out that he needs to be teamed with Bjorkstrand then things should even out with the fancy stats a bit

Its the same with us and Connor - if he's on a line with two play driver and a defensive forward - he just needs to be a finisher...

Reactions: hn777

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Doesn't affect the reality that he is not going to get what he wanted from CBJ. And it isn't that they are refusing to give it to him.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Holy - give the guy a break... once they figure out that he needs to be teamed with Bjorkstrand then things should even out with the fancy stats a bit

Its the same with us and Connor - if he's on a line with two play driver and a defensive forward - he just needs to be a finisher...

I am not criticizing lol. I am watching his games which I wouldn't be doing if I just wanted to rip on the guy. It is more a discussion about the prevailing narrative promoted by some of his more arduous fans that he was being "held back" by the Jets. So it is reasonable to discuss that when his results are not much different in Columbus, you know we certainly would be having this discussion about "what went wrong in Winnipeg" if he had become a 5 on 5 beast in CBJ.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I am not criticizing lol. I am watching his games which I wouldn't be doing if I just wanted to rip on the guy. It is more a discussion about the prevailing narrative promoted by some of his more arduous fans that he was being "held back" by the Jets. So it is reasonable to discuss that when his results are not much different in Columbus, you know we certainly would be having this discussion about "what went wrong in Winnipeg" if he had become a 5 on 5 beast in CBJ.
Just wait until Torts converts him to 1C...

Now that Im an expert on CBJ after watching half a game
Laine-Roslo-Bjork
Jenner-Domi-Atkinson
Foligno-Texier-Nash

And just never play your 4th line... ever.

Last edited:

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
There were several teams with far worse attendance than the Jets... can't really blame people for not going to games to not be able to see the game haha

I agree that Winnipeg did everything it could to fk up the Jets 1.0 but it was the standoff over luxury boxes at the end that killed it - and that's on Winnipeg Enterprises
Someone once explain to me that Winnipeg had the highest percentage of walk up the tickets as well. It was totally a different time. marketing is so much stronger and efficient these days.

Lots more money everywhere since the 80s and 90s as well.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jones on the power play with Laine.
Is insane.
I think watching the Jackets and Leaf series.
Jones really stood out those 5 games. He logged the heavy minutes. Half game.
He had slow start this year. But he is coming around again.

There is a possibility Laine scores 20 goals on power play alone.

Reactions: Ippenator

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Initially, yes. He came around when he couldn't get a 1C in return. He also made it clear that he wanted Roslovic included in the deal. So he got that. That doesn't make the 3rd an adequate add.

What we can believe though, is that there was at least 1 other offer that Jarmo might have taken if Chevy had demanded any more in return.

It is what it is now, so I just hope that Dubois soon makes us forget all about the price.

What do you mean he came around? He never traded Dubois for Laine straight-up and he said to a reporter that he wasn't going to.

I'm just trying to refute--using Kekalainen's own statements--the prevalent idea that Laine was traded for Dubois and Roslovic was traded for a 3rd.

Jones on the power play with Laine.
Is insane.
I think watching the Jackets and Leaf series.
Jones really stood out those 5 games. He logged the heavy minutes. Half game.
He had slow start this year. But he is coming around again.

There is a possibility Laine scores 20 goals on power play alone.

Can't wait for all the 'Jones doesn't want to pass to Laine!' takes.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Jets couldn’t get it done with far better players around Laine. CBJ is screwed if they’re trying to build around him.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets couldn’t get it done with far better players around Laine. CBJ is screwed if they’re trying to build around him.

I think the last 3 years the Jets team was built around Wheeler. Jets were trying to win the cup.

Looking at the Jackets they do have good pieces around.
Another proven top 6 forward preferably a center will certainly help them.
Their salary structure is in a good shape also.
But Jones will get paid, if he stays. But you need that cornerstone dmen that can play half of the game. So you have to pay that.

Reactions: hn777

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

yea I didn’t watch the game today but he looked rusty the first two games which is understandable. Nice to see him pot some vintage goals at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad