Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Ryan O'Reilly just played the best game I've seen him play, he was a stud and the best player on the ice. Also played almost 24 minutes. He completely outplayed Bergeron. Trade for him Tim.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Ryan O'Reilly just played the best game I've seen him play, he was a stud and the best player on the ice. Also played almost 24 minutes. He completely outplayed Bergeron. Trade for him Tim.

Maybe he knows everyone is watching. :biglaugh:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
@Jame: You still have TBL seasons or split seasons? You see 20+ games a year?

How's their cluster of younger d-men they have around Hedman's age panning out / progressing?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
@Jame: You still have TBL seasons or split seasons? You see 20+ games a year?

How's their cluster of younger d-men they have around Hedman's age panning out / progressing?

still have them, but getting to less games this year since #2 arrived. I share/donate them. Only been to 6 games this year. But have seen at least a period or so of 30ish (they are a lot more fun to watch than a certain team closer to my heart)

losing Gudas was a huge blow. love that guy.

Nesterov looks really good the last few weeks, he might be there to stay. Very Sekera-esque game with the skating/offensive tools to go along with being positionaly sound, strong along the boards, and having good recovery tools. I think he's the real deal and will be a long term answer in the top 4.

Barberio sucks. He's the type of defensemen that just annoys the **** out of you.

Sustr is ok i guess.

Stralman-Hedman is a legit #1 pairing.

With Carle also down recently, Sustr-Garrison was pretty terrible. it was radko-garrison before that.... but im already imagining radko-nesterov in the future. In the meantime, they should go Nesterov-Garrison.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
United States TV Schedule - NHL All-Star Weekend.

Friday, January 23 -
7:30 pm ET - LIVE - NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft Pre-Show - NBCSN.
8:00 pm ET-9:30 pm ET (?) - LIVE - NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft - NBCSN.
9:30 pm ET (?)-11:00 pm ET (?) - Replay - NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft - NBCSN.

Saturday, January 24 -
7:00 pm ET-10:00 pm ET (?) - LIVE - NHL All-Star Skills Competition - NBCSN.
10:00 pm ET-12:30 am ET - Replay - NHL All-Star Skills Competition - NBCSN.

Sunday, January 25 -
2:30 pm ET-5:00 pm ET - Replay - NHL All-Star Skills Competition - NBCSN.
5:00 pm ET-8:00 pm ET (?) - LIVE - NHL All-Star Game - NBCSN.
11:30 pm ET-2:30 pm ET - Replay - NHL All-Star Game - NBCSN.

Canada TV Schedule - NHL All-Star Weekend.

Friday, January 23 - 8:00 pm ET-10:00 pm ET - LIVE - NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft - Sportsnet East - Ontario - West - Pacific.
Saturday, January 24 - 6:30 pm ET-10:00 pm ET (?) - LIVE - NHL All-Star Skills Competiton - CBC.
Sunday, January 25 - 5:00 pm ET-8:00 pm ET (?) - LIVE - NHL All-Star Game - CBC.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
A 20-14 score? Come on

20-14 score = the year 2014?

Although shouldn't the score be 20-15 as the winner of the competition would be crown Miss Universe 2015. (They are similar to what the World Juniors do - even though the competiton takes place in the previous year (or in the case of the World Juniors last week of the previous year and first week of the upcoming year) - they use the upcoming year when they name the competiton - Miss Universe 2015 or World Junior Championships 2015.

Not sure exactly why she has 16:45 as the time left in the period or 0 (home penalty) 3 (period) 2 (away penalty). 32 is her pagent number?
Also shouldn't away be listed on the left and home be listed on the right? but I guess she wanted the home team to win.

Last edited:

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
‘It’s going to be a while': Bobrovsky suffers groin injury
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...to-be-a-while-bobrovsky-suffers-groin-injury/

Bad news for the Columbus Blue Jackets as it pertains to goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.

According to Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch, Blue Jackets general manager Jarmo Kekalainen confirmed Bobrovsky suffered a groin injury, this time on his right side.

“It’s gonna be a while,†said Kekalainen, as per a tweet from Portzline.

Groin injuries are nothing new for Bobrovsky. He endured a groin ailment last season, which forced him onto the injured reserve list. At that time, he was expected to miss four to five weeks.

Bobrovsky suffered the injury on Wednesday, and has been replaced at the All-Star game by Brian Elliott of the St. Louis Blues. Earlier this season, the Blue Jackets’ star puck stopper was placed on injured reserve with an injured finger.

While it’s a loss for hockey fans this weekend, his injury and absence from the lineup will be a huge loss for the Blue Jackets as they look to get back into the playoff race.

FoSotC

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto rumoured to get Winter Classic for 2017.

We have to be the front-runners for their opponent right?
Even though it would mean back-to-back Winter Classics, I would have to imagine that the Canadiens would be more likely for their Winter Classic opponent in their centennial season for obvious reasons. That's already the rumor, actually. This heated Sabres/Leafs rivalry mostly exists in the minds of some Sabres fans anyway. Generally speaking, to them, we're third wheel at best behind Montreal and Boston.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Even though it would mean back-to-back Winter Classics, I would have to imagine that the Canadiens would be more likely for their Winter Classic opponent in their centennial season for obvious reasons. That's already the rumor, actually. The Sabres/Leafs rivalry mostly exists in the minds of Sabres fans anyway. Generally speaking, to them, we're third wheel at best behind Montreal and Boston.

NBC isn't going to allow a Winter Classic with Montreal/Toronto to occur. Ever.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
@reporterchris: NHL is planning a Ryder Cup-style event in 2018. Top North Americans vs. top Europeans in a five- or seven-game series. Novel idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad