Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
He should be the poster boy for young hockey players who are late bloomers. Went from being a healthy scratch in the BCHL to a 4th overall pick in the NHL in one year. It's pretty crazy to think about.

Can't say enough good things about his game, CBJ quietly putting together a very impressive core of players. Ryan Murray and Johansen are going to give that team a legit 1C and 1D for the next decade.

Off the top of my head Johansen and Barkov are the two young premier 200ft big centers in the league.

Theyve had some good drafting lately too.

Mike Reilly in the 4th in 2011. Oscar Dansk in the 2nd in 2012. Wennberg, Rychel, Dano in the 1st, and Bjorkstrand in the 3rd in 2013.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
He should be the poster boy for young hockey players who are late bloomers. Went from being a healthy scratch in the BCHL to a 4th overall pick in the NHL in one year. It's pretty crazy to think about.

Can't say enough good things about his game, CBJ quietly putting together a very impressive core of players. Ryan Murray and Johansen are going to give that team a legit 1C and 1D for the next decade.

Off the top of my head Johansen and Barkov are the two young premier 200ft big centers in the league.

He's a heck of a player. Columbus Is in good shape. What's funny to me is that Howson is the guy who nabbed both Murray and Johansen in the draft. :laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
This Toronto collapse is going to be tremendous. They've lost five in a row and, entering this evening's games, all the teams within two points of them have games in hand.

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
This Toronto collapse is going to be tremendous. They've lost five in a row and, entering this evening's games, all the teams within two points of them have games in hand.

Toronto just toys with their fans, giving them hope and then a spectacular collapse. Love watching it from the outside :laugh:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I'd prefer Toronto just makes the playoffs and gets destroyed in the 1st round.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY

It seems they do this every year. Leading there fans on then missing the playoffs. :laugh:

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I could watch them collapse in a game 7 again. I think those close, we had it, then let it go defeats hurt a lot more.

If it was against any team but the Bruins, i would have taken immense pleasure in watching the Leafs let that lead slip away. Same goes for this year, if they make it and play the bruins, then i hope Toronto wins. Anyone else, soul-crushing defeat or bust!!!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Leafs are so fun to watch ... .....

self-implode ...

K8bBxwJ.gif

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I always enjoy reading the Leafs board at times like this. A sampling of the topics include whether Dion Phaneuf is a plug; whether part of this collapse was caused by trading Joe Colborne (seriously); and whether Phaneuf should be bought out before he plays a game under his new contract, regardless of the cap implications. :laugh:

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I always enjoy reading the Leafs board at times like this. A sampling of the topics include whether Dion Phaneuf is a plug; whether part of this collapse was caused by trading Joe Colborne (seriously); and whether Phaneuf should be bought out before he plays a game under his new contract, regardless of the cap implications. :laugh:

Yeah its so good. I read the Canucks board and Leafs forums because they were both well into a playoff position a few months ago and all has come loose. They are meandering around 9th-11th place. The perfect spot for no playoffs and a garbage pick. The location the Sabres were for years. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad