Around the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
8-1. Eakins screaming at Hall and benching him. Fans throwing jerseys on ice and Scrivens throwing them back. Glencross with a hatty. All hell has broken loose in Edmonton.

Wow.

Not that I think we'll ever be that bad for that long, but Lord please don't let it come to that.

And what idiot throws 150 bucks worth of jersey on the ice in protest? A hat maybe but a jersey?

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
8-1. Eakins screaming at Hall and benching him. Fans throwing jerseys on ice and Scrivens throwing them back. Glencross with a hatty. All hell has broken loose in Edmonton.

845042223.gif

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Dodged a bullet with Eakins. Guy is a massive turd. Rolston was a turd too but at least he was a massive troll behind the bench during the Toronto pre-season game. Eakins is just a whiny Dr. Who wannabe.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Apparently Eakins came out for the next period in a different jacket, which raises two things:
#1 What a drama queen.
#2 How many back-up suits does he have at the arena?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Hall plays hard on a regular basis, shows some emotion by cranking on a water bottle, it accidentally splashes Eakins and he reacts by throwing a hissy fit and benching Hall for 13 minutes. Then he feels the need to changed suits? What a tool, no...what a tool shed.

That's like when my 10th grade English teacher gave me sh-t grades for a semester after I tried to throw paper out from my desk and it bounced off a light and hit her.

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
Hall plays hard on a regular basis, shows some emotion by cranking on a water bottle, it accidentally splashes Eakins and he reacts by throwing a hissy fit and benching Hall for 13 minutes. Then he feels the need to changed suits? What a tool, no...what a tool shed.

That's like when my 10th grade English teacher gave me sh-t grades for a semester after I tried to throw paper out from my desk and it bounced off a light and hit her.

9y3ph.gif

:biglaugh:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

Does he? Because during CBC after-hours they showed a pretty damning montage of him doing the exact opposite of working hard on about 4 of the goals Calgary scored.

Splintered Sherwood

Oct 25, 2013
Dodged a bullet with Eakins. Guy is a massive turd. Rolston was a turd too but at least he was a massive troll behind the bench during the Toronto pre-season game. Eakins is just a whiny Dr. Who wannabe.

Yes, true. I still can't fathom why the Oilers decided that Eakins needed a 4 year contract. 4 years!, for what, being a milquetoast Randy Carlisle acolyte.

I thought his hype was undeserved.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Does he? Because during CBC after-hours they showed a pretty damning montage of him doing the exact opposite of working hard on about 4 of the goals Calgary scored.

Just going off what Oilers fans have been saying, and I'll bet you can make anybody look bad with game film of an 8-1 beat down. Either way, find a better reason to bench someone than for getting splashed.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Just going off what Oilers fans have been saying, and I'll bet you can make anybody look bad with game film of an 8-1 beat down. Either way, find a better reason to bench someone than for getting splashed.

I think I just stated it. :laugh:

And many fans equate hard charging offensive players with hard work and ignore their defensive flaws or lack of effort at the other end of the ice. Mostly because they're not as obvious to the casual fan or the player produces offense so who cares.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I didn't see the actual montage but I saw video of two of the plays I know they included and in those instances it was nonsense to criticize Hall.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I think I just stated it. :laugh:

And many fans equate hard charging offensive players with hard work and ignore their defensive flaws or lack of effort at the other end of the ice. Mostly because they're not as obvious to the casual fan or the player produces offense so who cares.

But he was benched immediately after the water incident where Eakins got all cranky. It was clear why he got benched.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I didn't see the actual montage but I saw video of two of the plays I know they included and in those instances it was nonsense to criticize Hall.

Relax. It was about his lack of hustle. He floated back on a few plays that led to goals. I was not aware saying something about Hall would get posters so wound up.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Is Ryan Johansen the big young big 2-way pivot in the game? I have been watching CBJ frequently the last little while and the kid is an absolutely phenomenal hockey player. He leads that team as a 22 year old, I would love to get a player like him.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Relax. It was about his lack of hustle. He floated back on a few plays that led to goals. I was not aware saying something about Hall would get posters so wound up.

I'm not getting wound up. I merely pointed out that CBC's rant about Hall was pretty flimsy, at least in so far as two of the plays they used as examples go.

Is Ryan Johansen the big young big 2-way pivot in the game? I have been watching CBJ frequently the last little while and the kid is an absolutely phenomenal hockey player. He leads that team as a 22 year old, I would love to get a player like him.

Yes. In a couple years he'll be one of the idealized examples people talk about their team needing or use in prospect comparisons. He's really damn good.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Yes. In a couple years he'll be one of the idealized examples people talk about their team needing or use in prospect comparisons. He's really damn good.

He should be the poster boy for young hockey players who are late bloomers. Went from being a healthy scratch in the BCHL to a 4th overall pick in the NHL in one year. It's pretty crazy to think about.

Can't say enough good things about his game, CBJ quietly putting together a very impressive core of players. Ryan Murray and Johansen are going to give that team a legit 1C and 1D for the next decade.

Off the top of my head Johansen and Barkov are the two young premier 200ft big centers in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad