Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Hahaha paging @Ice-Tray who once famously said:

I remember seeing that comment and just thinking how some people just think what they want. This guy was not a big fan of EK/ big supporter of management decisions so for him he obviously wants to make it a negative spin towards EK.

It was obviously not Dillion you just look at the play and it makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL that it would be Dillon.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
So... SJ traded him for a 2nd 4th and 5th, not exactly great for a guy on that pace. Might not even get a mediocre nhl'r out of those picks.

Which tells you how overrated draft picks are... picks that this management tosses away like candy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Hahaha paging @Ice-Tray who once famously said:

That’s friggin awesome, I was totally wrong! Thanks for taking the time to notify me in the post so I could back here and face the music.

When you’re wrong you’re wrong, and I was wrong. It’s pretty funny insight actually, I little window into how EK does things on the ice.

Flame away, I deserve it :)

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Karlsson's back to looking like Norris Erik. 14 points in last 15 games. He's been especially exceptional since that Ottawa game.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That’s friggin awesome, I was totally wrong! Thanks for taking the time to notify me in the post so I could back here and face the music.

When you’re wrong you’re wrong, and I was wrong. It’s pretty funny insight actually, I little window into how EK does things on the ice.

Flame away, I deserve it :)

you're just always wrong tho.
And it's hilarious with the kind of certainty you think you're right.

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
With Waddell and Dundon running the show, Carolina may actually have a worse owner/management combo than us.

Dundon just gave an interview where he made it very clear he's going to be involved in the decision making of hockey moves:

mowd5omrw4421.jpg

Waddell has decades of incompetence under his belt, and has continued that by trading Skinner, Lindholm and Hanifin (41G and 80P thus far) for Hamilton, Ferland, Fox (who probably won't re-sign), Pu and a 2nd (14G and 25P thus far).

It's a shame. I like the Canes and thought they were well on their way to being a future contender before this off-season. Now I'm not so sure.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
With Waddell and Dundon running the show, Carolina may actually have a worse owner/management combo than us.

Dundon just gave an interview where he made it very clear he's going to be involved in the decision making of hockey moves:

mowd5omrw4421.jpg

Waddell has decades of incompetence under his belt, and has continued that by trading Skinner, Lindholm and Hanifin (41G and 80P thus far) for Hamilton, Ferland, Fox (who probably won't re-sign), Pu and a 2nd (14G and 25P thus far).

It's a shame. I like the Canes and thought they were well on their way to being a future contender before this off-season. Now I'm not so sure.

Do you mean Ferland? Fox has given every indication he will sign with Carolina.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Kuokkanen
Slavin
Di Guiseppe
Hamilton
Williams
McGinn

That's a list of who Carolina used in the shootout. Aho had a 4 pt night. They lost, would you believe it?!

Washington, on the other hand, used Oshie, Kuznetsov, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Eller, and Vrana.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
he's a serviceable 3rd liner imo, not sure why he no one signed him
He looked like a fringe guy in Ottawa and Calgary IMO. A guy with skill but not enough to play in your top 6, but not really a guy with the grit to play in your bottom 6.

But he did have a decent playoffs in Washington on their fourth line so I was also not sure why he had a hard time finding a team this summer

Reactions: Tundraman

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Weren't they first in the league at some point this year (or conference at least) and everyone was all like, see their time has finally come? Anyhow I don't know how anyone could actually like Carolina, aside from being an expansion (OK fine relocation) team that has won the cup before us, they then went outside to celebrate in the 40-degree carolina sun, plus I stayed up till like five in the morning to watch that game seven in the hope that a Canadian team might actually win the cup again (and felt dirty for doing so because ew Edmonton).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad