Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Burns and Karlsson have been playing together for the later half of the game and haven't looked bad.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman at a point a game clip. 15 goals in 29 games. He had 22 in 82 last year. Happy for him. He got a raw deal here. I would guess there are not many coaches at any level that would get to know the way Hoffman plays and deploy him on a checking line with Tom Pyatt. Hard to figure.

Reactions: Mr Hat and Icelevel

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hoffman at a point a game clip. 15 goals in 29 games. He had 22 in 82 last year. Happy for him. He got a raw deal here. I would guess there are not many coaches at any level that would get to know the way Hoffman plays and deploy him on a checking line with Tom Pyatt. Hard to figure.

Boughner is no different than any other coach in that he tries to balance the defense with offense on his lines. He even said so himself that he had to play Hoffman with guys who can exemplify his strengths and weakness. They just so happen to have arguably the best two way center in the game aswell which really helps them in matchups even if Hoffman isn't with him all of the time and something with Mccan/Trochek....something Ottawa doesn't have close to having especially while Hoffman was here.

Once we got Duchene him and Hoff were great together but again this team was a mess clearly behind closed doors

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Boughner is no different than any other coach in that he tries to balance the defense with offense on his lines. He even said so himself that he had to play Hoffman with guys who can exemplify his strengths and weakness. They just so happen to have arguably the best two way center in the game aswell something Ottawa doesn't have close to having especially while Hoffman was here.

Once we got Duchene him and Hoff were great together but again this team was a mess clearly behind closed doors

And in front of them

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
And in front of them
very true

I can understand why Hoffman was traded but I think ottawa really messed that up by not trading him earlier ie the deadline like they were trying to do. They waited too long and it clearly bit them

Reactions: Beville

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
man i feel old, Spezza is 35! I'm happy he is still going I hope he gets the cup somewhere before laces them up, never seen a player more open about their desire for the cup.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

*checks Boedker's stats, checks NHL standings...anyone know where I can find the "cohesion in the room" stats?

Reactions: Smeddy

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Seabrook is definitely the Garfunkel of that duo
Seabrook really feel off in the past couple of years, but he was exceptional for a couple of their playoff runs and they had two #1D for a good couple of years. Seabrook in his prime was a top 15-20 Dman. I mean I guess Kieth was a top 5 or top 3 for a period so that still stands.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
There are a handful here that were so firmly entrenched in the "there was no way that was EK cussing himself out, his new teammates hate him" line of thinking when that came out. Can't help but laugh now :laugh:
That doesn't add up. There were guys stating that Karl was not liked by his teammates and this was sure-fire proof?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
*checks Boedker's stats, checks NHL standings...anyone know where I can find the "cohesion in the room" stats?
Well it was Karlsson vs. Hoffman and Hoffman was always going to be the one who would be shipped out. Imagine if Hoffman had of stayed and Karlsson still was traded. Everyone would have blamed Hoffman for driving EK away.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
And we traded him away for a sub-par NHLer in Boedker.

Astonishing managerial incompetence on that one.

Makes the Karlsson trade look like a steal in comparison.
So... SJ traded him for a 2nd 4th and 5th, not exactly great for a guy on that pace. Might not even get a mediocre nhl'r out of those picks.

Reactions: DueDiligence

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
And we traded him away for a sub-par NHLer in Boedker.

Astonishing managerial incompetence on that one.

Makes the Karlsson trade look like a steal in comparison.

Revisionist history. At the time Hoffman's reputation was doggie doo and there was no way the Sens were getting equal value back.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
There are a handful here that were so firmly entrenched in the "there was no way that was EK cussing himself out, his new teammates hate him" line of thinking when that came out. Can't help but laugh now :laugh:
EK hates himself for not staying with EM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad