Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melgene Eunyk

Mar 29, 2015
Hey now, Mark Stone's departure will open up a huge opportunity for Rudolfs Balcers, who's a key piece. He was dealt for Karlsson so he'll be a player. And we do need to open up a center spot for Logan Brown. Did you know that he's 2 inches taller than Ryan Getzlaf? Can't wait to see him on the big stage! CTC's pretty great too. Lot's going on in Kanata these days, the Movati down the road is sick, and the DJ really pumps the music during intermissions. Things are good!
I heard rumblings that the savings from duchene and stone will go into re-aquiring DJ Zbad. He will bring multiple dimensions to our team on and off the ice.

Reactions: Silencio

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just love announcers sometimes.

"And that is a big goal by Hischier as he wins it for the devils" or something like that

*checks standings and sees that the Devils will still be more than 13 points out of a playoff spot after this win

Ya, big goal alright. :laugh:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
And if Stone and Duchene are traded, while the Lebreton deal collapses, will you still attempt to put a positive spin on the situation?

Sure, I why not? I know that this is more of a support group for hurt and damaged Sens fans in here, and is helpful to those who need to vent their frustrations, but I don’t have any interest in, or need of, any of that to be honest. The team is struggling, and will be bad for a while it would seem, the way I look at it is ‘well, it will be interesting to see how it all pans out’... I don’t take any of it personally.

The day I no longer have any positives to enjoy concerning the Sens is the the day that I’ll move on from watching/following them and do something different with my time and energy, and I won’t be posting in hear telling you all about it.

This is entertainment to me, certainly more of the soap opera variety than a winning sports team lately, but entertaining none the less. For good or for worse the Sens off ice drama doesn’t have a mainline to my emotional core. To be honest, I’ve lived long enough to understand that getting worked up over things I can’t control is something best avoided. I have a good life, I love my wife and children, and am happy, that’s what drives me.

I’ll never change any opinions around here, and won’t try. My perspective is not for everyone, but it is for me, I think I’ll continue to share my opinions occasionally, when it suits me, whether the ‘positive spin’ is welcome or not.

Carry on doing you, I’ll leave you to it, I promise.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Sure, I why not? I know that this is more of a support group for hurt and damaged Sens fans in here, and is helpful to those who need to vent their frustrations, but I don’t have any interest in, or need of, any of that to be honest. The team is struggling, and will be bad for a while it would seem, the way I look at it is ‘well, it will be interesting to see how it all pans out’... I don’t take any of it personally.

The day I no longer have any positives to enjoy concerning the Sens is the the day that I’ll move on from watching/following them and do something different with my time and energy, and I won’t be posting in hear telling you all about it.

This is entertainment to me, certainly more of the soap opera variety than a winning sports team lately, but entertaining none the less. For good or for worse the Sens off ice drama doesn’t have a mainline to my emotional core. To be honest, I’ve lived long enough to understand that getting worked up over things I can’t control is something best avoided. I have a good life, I love my wife and children, and am happy, that’s what drives me.

I’ll never change any opinions around here, and won’t try. My perspective is not for everyone, but it is for me, I think I’ll continue to share my opinions occasionally, when it suits me, whether the ‘positive spin’ is welcome or not.

Carry on doing you, I’ll leave you to it, I promise.

This is what YOU had to say after the Karlsson trade.

With a sub par return, coupled with an already low STH number and very vocal fan apathy, I don’t see how this can get any better any time soon. I don’t see anyone wanting to buy in with these market numbers, and I don’t see fans coming in droves when they can quietly watch on TV, waiting to see if the team surprises any time soon.

No news on Stone or Duchene also gives fans nothing to look forward to, and really sucks the life out of wanting to fork over cash.

What a disaster, not a single piece to hang the proverbial hat on. I’ll get over it, and I’m looking forward to seeing what they do, but I don’t exactly see this team doing much of anything for the foreseeable future. I understand rebuilds, but if we can’t actually afford to keep our very best players then this team will never be able to compete, even with a special run.

The market isn’t going to bounce back anytime soon either, so how can anyone expect anything to get better?

This is a deflating day even for me, this trade was so much worse on the surface than the Turris trade. How we didn’t get a top asset back is betond comprehension at the moment.

This was your reaction after months of questioning EK’s character and leadership. You also went on record repeatedly stating we’d be better off without EK.

Pardon me if I suspect your reaction to a Stone/Duchene firesale trade might elicit a little more emotional response than you claim...

Reactions: JungleBeat

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
So Mika Zibanejad has 50 pts in 51 games 20 goals 30 assists on pace for 80 pts. Nice of him to turn into what some of us predicted here too bad he had to get paid like every other good hockey player in the NHL.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
So Mika Zibanejad has 50 pts in 51 games 20 goals 30 assists on pace for 80 pts. Nice of him to turn into what some of us predicted here too bad he had to get paid like every other good hockey player in the NHL.

craziest thing is that his contract isn't even expensive. $5.35. just not sign smith/one of the scrubs and there's the money for him. :help:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
If it makes anybody feel any better about our predicament, ever since snapping his slump, Erik Karlsson has been on a 100 point pace over his last 29 games (36 points over 29 games).

Even accounting for his slump, he'll hit 70 in 76. That's absurd considering he only had 7 points in his first 18 games of the season.

Reactions: DrEasy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
If it makes anybody feel any better about our predicament, ever since snapping his slump, Erik Karlsson has been on a 100 point pace over his last 29 games (36 points over 29 games).

Even accounting for his slump, he'll hit 70 in 76. That's absurd considering he only had 7 points in his first 18 games of the season.
It makes me feel better.

Hope he wins a cup.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Call me cold hearted, but once a player leaves Ottawa (under whatever circumstance), I stop giving a f*** about what they do or don't do. Didn't care when Chara and Hossa won their cups, and won't if Karlsson wins one with the Sharks.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It makes me feel better.

Hope he wins a cup.

Correct me if I have this wrong, but if the Sharks reach the SCFs, isn't there a conditional 1st round pick that could come Ottawa's way, at some point in the next couple of years?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Correct me if I have this wrong, but if the Sharks reach the SCFs, isn't there a conditional 1st round pick that could come Ottawa's way, at some point in the next couple of years?
Feel free to look it up for yourself.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Only if they also re-sign Karlsson. Even then, it's upgrading a 2nd to a 1st, so we'd be swapping a pick in the 40-62 range to a 30-31 pick based on them reaching the SCF.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Only if they also re-sign Karlsson. Even then, it's upgrading a 2nd to a 1st, so we'd be swapping a pick in the 40-62 range to a 30-31 pick based on them reaching the SCF.

So the 2nd pick, is conditional on EK65 signing with the Sharks ....... does it matter is he signs an extension with them, or as an UFA?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not clear based on the reports, but I'd guess it has to be before he hits UFA.
Oh man if SJ cant sign him ....They are kinda stuck,they cant trade him east or we get a 1st rounder no later than 2022...That means they will only have teams in the west to deal with ,and Iam pretty sure many of them would love to put the screws to one DW

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Oh man if SJ cant sign him ....They are kinda stuck,they cant trade him east or we get a 1st rounder no later than 2022...That means they will only have teams in the west to deal with ,and Iam pretty sure many of them would love to put the screws to one DW
Theoretically, Karlsson could make it even harder by using all 10 of his No Go teams for his NTC on teams in the west. Doubt he does that, if the only teams he wants to go to are in the east it could put them in a real tough position.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Theoretically, Karlsson could make it even harder by using all 10 of his No Go teams for his NTC on teams in the west. Doubt he does that, if the only teams he wants to go to are in the east it could put them in a real tough position.
Ouch never thought of this,that would be so funny ...To put one over that hard on DW would be such a dream

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If SJ cant sign him i doubt they try to trade him. They will probably just use him for their playoff run.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Yep makes the most sense,but that is one expensive playoff rental
Well, most poster here will say we got a garbage return for him and SJ gave up nothing, so most wont agree with you. But it's definitely a shot worth taking for SJ no matter how it ends up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad