Around the NHL XXXVI - Final Countdown: 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Avs fans are so nasty towards Ottawa on the main board. I wish them nothing but the worst this year and hope our pick is as low as possible.

They are double salty, they are pissed at how awesome Duchene has been, and now the pick they got in return for him may not end up being that great.

Add that to how Awesome Andy was for us since leaving, and how much more playoff success we've had compared to them because of it and you can see why.

Honestly, Duchene continuing to play at Mackinnon's level, that first rounder being higher and higher, Duchene signing long term, and the knowledge that if we had just given them our pick last draft that they could have had BT, is all glorious.

Screw them, they are the engineers of their own misery by being so lame on the MB, not to mention that website.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Avs fans are so nasty towards Ottawa on the main board. I wish them nothing but the worst this year and hope our pick is as low as possible.

In fairness to Avs fans, we'd be doing the same thing. They traded a problem player who everyone on this board told them they'd have to sell for pennies on the dollar, and they might end up with their next Nathan MacKinnon.

Look at how happy some people here are about the "return" on the Karlsson trade, and we're talking about Demelo and Tierney.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
In fairness to Avs fans, we'd be doing the same thing. They traded a problem player who everyone on this board told them they'd have to sell for pennies on the dollar, and they might end up with their next Nathan MacKinnon.

Look at how happy some people here are about the "return" on the Karlsson trade, and we're talking about Demelo and Tierney.

In all honesty I don’t think anyone is happy with the return so much as happy with how unexpectedly well they have been playing, the two kids too.

We all know we gave up the best player in the deal, no getting around that.

The problem for the Avs is that they are starting to see how good Duchene can be again after they gave him up, and the better he plays, the worse their pick gets!

On our end it doesn’t really matter how well EK plays in terms of the return, in terms of our expectations on the picks.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I actually think a November Thanksgiving is better. It's after Halloween, aka the best holiday, and gives people another day off in the worst month of the year while setting up the holidays. It just works.
A day off to do what? Eat like a pig and watch bad football games?

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
They are double salty, they are pissed at how awesome Duchene has been, and now the pick they got in return for him may not end up being that great.

Add that to how Awesome Andy was for us since leaving, and how much more playoff success we've had compared to them because of it and you can see why.

Honestly, Duchene continuing to play at Mackinnon's level, that first rounder being higher and higher, Duchene signing long term, and the knowledge that if we had just given them our pick last draft that they could have had BT, is all glorious.

Screw them, they are the engineers of their own misery by being so lame on the MB, not to mention that website.

The Sens are two points away from last in the East. Everything is pretty tight right now in the standings so they are only 5 points back of the wild card, but even an optimist like myself can see which direction the team is more likely to go the last 60 games with the way the defense has played so far. Chances are the Avs pick will be top 10 in a pretty good draft, so although they may not get Hughes, they're likely to get a real good player.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Are you complaining about a day off? You can do whatever you want with another day off. I mean those football games are not as exciting Sens game I get that. :sarcasm:
Once again I was commenting on an earlier post that November thanksgiving is better than October thanksgiving. My point was that in November the weather is so crappy all you can do is eat , drink and watch football. In October I can golf then eat, drink and watch hockey and football!

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Have you looked at the standings?

We are very near the bottom.

Yup!

But that was from a few days ago, and written as a portential reason why Avs fans were being pissy, at that time.

I’m sure they will go from happy to pissy again depending on every fluctuation in the standings.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Yup!

But that was from a few days ago, and written as a portential reason why Avs fans were being pissy, at that time.

I’m sure they will go from happy to pissy again depending on every fluctuation in the standings.
27th in point percentage.

3 more road games coming up where the Sens are playing at a 46 point pace.

Avs fans should be very happy soon.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Holy cow the Sabres are now #1 in the east, and 2nd overall in the league after winning their 8th game in a row.

Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad