NHL Around the NHL XXVII - 2020-21 Off-Season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
The Dallas Stars went through all of that too, just sayin'!
So did Jersey in the shortened season. AND, if the B's had won it all, I was only watching from the back seat, once Tuukka left, because, right or wrong for leaving, he was correct in that this was NOT a real playoffs, AND, I would have felt the same way had we won it all... and of course I would have been happy for them, but the asterix is real.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
While I think it is a bit of an overpayment, this is a strong move by Bergevin in terms of roster make-up. Domi is fine, but the game Anderson can play when he is healthy and motivated is rare league wide. They like their C depth with up and comers Suzuki and Kotkaniemi behind Danault (who reminds one of #37). Having Gallagher and Anderson on the wing will make life difficult for opposing D.

Let's see what they sign Anderson for.

P.S. Based on this move, would you have given JDB+ for Anderson? I don't think so...but that's just me.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Holy shit. I like Anderson, and don't really like that he went to Montreal, but that seems like an over payment to me, like... kind of a big one.

Imagine offering Domi for Josh Anderson after he struggled to stay healthy last season and was only able to put up one goal, and thinking you aren't giving up enough, so you add to the deal. Josh Anderson is one of my favourite current power forwards, but that's too risky for me considering how lingering injuries can act like like rust on a power forward.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Imagine offering Domi for Josh Anderson after he struggled to stay healthy last season and was only able to put up one goal, and thinking you aren't giving up enough, so you add to the deal. Josh Anderson is one of my favourite current power forwards, but that's too risky for me considering how lingering injuries can act like like rust on a power forward.

Domi was so invisible in the playoffs im shocked they got anything for him. His play fell off a map this year. With suzuki and Kokaniemi emerging i think it was wise to move him for a need. Certainty wouldnt pay domi big $$

Reactions: Grimey

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The price shows how tough it is to get big physical players who can play. We should all know this by now. Look at what Sweeney got for Lucic and look at what he signed for later!

That's why the Bruins keep drafting big guys. If you don't draft them, you never get them. If you wait until they hit free agency they're too old and they go soft or they're beaten down.

Reactions: CDJ

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Domi was so invisible in the playoffs im shocked they got anything for him. His play fell off a map this year. With suzuki and Kokaniemi emerging i think it was wise to move him for a need. Certainty wouldnt pay domi big $$

That is true but my point was I wouldn't trade a guy without recent injury problems PLUS a pick for one who struggled to play a quarter of the season and put up one goal due to lingering issues. It would be different if Anderson just had a down year, but certain injuries to players that play a heavy style can be very detrimental to their play and at times you see them hit a wall in their late 20's and early 30's. I still hope Anderson returns to form (despite being a Hab now) but the fact MB added for just Anderson is odd to me.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That is true but my point was I wouldn't trade a guy without recent injury problems PLUS a pick for one who struggled to play a quarter of the season and put up one goal due to lingering issues. It would be different if Anderson just had a down year, but certain injuries to players that play a heavy style can be very detrimental to their play and at times you see them hit a wall in their late 20's and early 30's. I still hope Anderson returns to form (despite being a Hab now) but the fact MB added for just Anderson is odd to me.

I've been listening on the radio that they've been after a winger with size and they were discussing all the possibilities to get one. From watching domi this year compared to last it was two different players, the regression was evident. I think Domi is closer to 45 point player you see with his career averages. Then you see Suzuki and Kokaniemi going in the opposite direction as they progress in their development so you really have to give them more ice time and surround them with wingers. Domi also wanted a top center role and a big contact. It's hard to grant him that when you have the other 2 as well as Danault in front of him on the depth chart. I thought his value was really low and they would sign him to a bridge deal but looks like they got the winger they sought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad