NHL Around the NHL XXVII - 2020-21 Off-Season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Maybe a scenery change will help Domi, and he will get the chance to show how good he thinks he is. Maybe Anderson will stay healthy and get back to his prior form. Maybes for both players. I think it was a reasonable trade for each team. Bergevin did well in this instance in trying to fill a team need.

Reactions: DCHabitant

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I've been listening on the radio that they've been after a winger with size and they were discussing all the possibilities to get one. From watching domi this year compared to last it was two different players, the regression was evident. I think Domi is closer to 45 point player you see with his career averages. Then you see Suzuki and Kokaniemi going in the opposite direction as they progress in their development so you really have to give them more ice time and surround them with wingers. Domi also wanted a top center role and a big contact. It's hard to grant him that when you have the other 2 as well as Danault in front of him on the depth chart. I thought his value was really low and they would sign him to a bridge deal but looks like they got the winger they sought

I'd say Domi could become more of a 55 point player as the Jackets 2C (which is where they apparently want him) but you aren't wrong. His previous outputs suggest he's a 45 point player, and like you said, with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi taking the next step, it makes Domi an interesting trade piece.

I just feel like they could've gotten more, or that Columbus should have added, considering Anderson is untested after shoulder surgery - and shoulder injuries are not what you want for a player like Anderson. Apparently JK said Anderson would've been good to go had they beat the Lightning, but that very well could've been a salesman tactic. I guess we will find out next season how Anderson and Domi pan out with a change of scenery.

I also think Domi's 72 point season wasn't a fluke, and that it's possible he had a Reilly Smith type sophomore slump with his new team. But if he's a 2C, putting up 45-55 points would be more realistic than 72 (although David Krejci put up 73 as a 2C twice in his career).

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
They were looking for a center so it’d be even worse.

WTF is wrong with Edmonton year after year - they’re letting Athanasiou walk? They didn’t even get 10 games out of him

Sam Gagner, who was traded for AA, signed a one year deal with the Red Wings. If anything, I thought the Oilers would sign AA and Gagner would pass on re-upping with Detroit and look to sign with a stronger team. Weird move on the Oilers' part letting a young scoring forward with wheels walk.

BTW Gagner has only ever been on one strong team (2016-17 Blue Jackets) and had his best season both offensively and defensively (18-32-50; +10). I was hoping the Bruins would have signed him in 2017 as their 3C and tried to move Spooner but he went to a weak Vancouver team with poor linemates.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Holy shit. I like Anderson, and don't really like that he went to Montreal, but that seems like an over payment to me, like... kind of a big one.

Nice to see someone puts a value on tough, physical players.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Blackhawks not re-signing Crawford

I'm going to have no clue which goalies are on which teams next year lol

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What's Claude supposed to do, Domi wants 1st line minutes and it was obvious that Suzuki and Kokaniemi should be getting the minutes before him. Danault is their shut down center who takes face-offs so he'll be on the ice before Domi as well. Domi won't play wing either or accept a 4th line center role.
Totally agree

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Evolving Hockey had the probability of Josh Anderson receiving a 7-year contract at less than 1%. Their contract projection if he were to receive a 7-year offer, was for $4.44M AAV. They believe it's the biggest miss they've had since they began making projections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad