NHL Around the NHL XXVI - Bubble Hockey Continues III......RIP Dale Hawerchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dinner tonight courtesy of the Philadelphia Flyers and Gritty - Philly Cheesesteak Poutine

118373796_10221915402006892_7648350070535068992_n.jpg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
That and IndyCar on NBCSN. Plus the "late game" starts at 6:45 local for both team's fanbases - early enough for the 10-and-over crowd to last through the whole game (for a non-school night) if it ends in regulation.

Also, after what happened last round, spacing games at the same arena on the same day as far apart as possible seems reasonable. They're already 2 days past their original deadline - if NYI/PHI got pushed back a day it could get nuts.

NBC also pays far more for the PGA rights than the NHL - Golf appeals to a higher demographic and it sells easily.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Watching the Flyers frustrates me so much because it's where the Bruins should have been. Flyers have looked awful the entire playoffs after the round robin, yet are in the 2nd round tied 1-1 and down only 1 going into the 3rd. And the Bruins are over here getting their asses whooped by a superior opponent. I guess you can't get too mad considering Bruins would have played Tampa 2nd round under the usual playoff format, but it's still frustrating.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Beautiful goal, Alex Tuch, 1-0 Vegas

Something needs to sit Jake DeBrusk down and make him watch tapes of Alex Tuch's efforts in this postseason. That's how a young winger with wheels and finish is supposed to play - with pace and purpose and seizing of opportunities. Be the guy who wants to make a difference and takes ownership of that responsibility.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
If the Bruins complete their flop, I want the Islanders to win it all.

Tampa and Philly are pretty high on my list of despised teams right now.

Reactions: BMC and TD Charlie

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012

Easily. I really like the Isles, I'd be big on their bandwagon as opposed to other years where it's very "whatever" once the Bruins get eliminated. I also like Dallas out West.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’ll take any team in the West or the Isles. Basically just not Philly or Tampa Bay, cuz f*** Philly

Reactions: BMC

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Something needs to sit Jake DeBrusk down and make him watch tapes of Alex Tuch's efforts in this postseason. That's how a young winger with wheels and finish is supposed to play - with pace and purpose and seizing of opportunities. Be the guy who wants to make a difference and takes ownership of that responsibility.

Alex Tuch is also 6:04-220 and skates well. He is built
to win more battles than DeBrusk who goes
6:00-190 and lacks Tuch's strength.

Reactions: Number6

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

For me:

Dallas
Philly
NYI

Everything else would suck!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Alex Tuch is also 6:04-220 and skates well. He is built
to win more battles than DeBrusk who goes
6:00-190 and lacks Tuch's strength.

I'm not calling them exactly like for like. But what I see are 2 up and coming wingers who both pack an explosive offense, but one is doing better than the other in seizing the initiative, creating chances and burying pucks when they matter most. As it happens, DeBrusk's regular season record is the superior of the two, but right now it's Tuch that's really stepping up and taking his game to the next level.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Dallas or Vegas in the West and the Isles in the East. I don't think the Isles will beat TB though.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Colorado with zero shots on goal halfway through the first.....I must admit I don't want Kadri to ever win anything.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad