NHL Around the NHL XXVI - Bubble Hockey Continues III......RIP Dale Hawerchuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
That shift by Barzal was ridiculous

Don’t even want to think of how many goals Pastrnak would get with Barzal as his center

Barzal reminds me somewhat of Pat LaFontaine the way he flies around

I decided i won't be mentioning Barzal situation here on Hf, looks like i ll be breaking my promise, already did.

He's really something isn't he...skating, his tight turns remind me of Marchand; more explosive overall.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Typical underachieving flyers
source.gif

Reactions: BMC and KrejciMVP

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I decided i won't be mentioning Barzal situation here on Hf, looks like i ll be breaking my promise, already did.

He's really something isn't he...skating, his tight turns remind me of Marchand; more explosive overall.

I'm no fan of the All-Star game, but I'd pay big money to see McDavid-Barzal-MacKinnon together as a unit in a 3-on-3 game.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In fact, they overachieved. Had they not beat TB in the last game of the round robin, TB would have finished 1st and the Bruins would have played Phily in round 2 or NYI.

The entire round robin and the Bruins approach was infuriating. Acting like those games didn't matter. They sure as you-know-what mattered.

Reactions: BMC

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This has been the worst playoffs I've ever watched, and it has nothing to do with the quality of play or the Bruins performance. No Game 7s in the 1st round (has been done only 3 other times in history), and every round 2 series at 3-1. It's never happened in history where there have been zero Game 7s in the 1st + 2nd rounds. Why do you think people got so invested in that Leafs vs. Jackets series? Because it actually went the distance. 5-15 record for teams facing elimination this year (excluding that one game 5 for Leafs vs. Jackets as both were facing elimination).

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
The entire round robin and the Bruins approach was infuriating. Acting like those games didn't matter. They sure as you-know-what mattered.
Yeah, I never bought into their lax approach and the defense that it was just a warm-up.

With the whole re-seeding thing, nabbing the #1 seed was a pretty big advantage — even without home ice.

Bruins also got lucky that the Habs beat Pitt. With the way the Bs have played in the bubble, not sure they make it out of that series with the Pens.

Reactions: BruinDust

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Yeah, I never bought into their lax approach and the defense that it was just a warm-up.

With the whole re-seeding thing, nabbing the #1 seed was a pretty big advantage — even without home ice.

Bruins also got lucky that the Habs beat Pitt. With the way the Bs have played in the bubble, not sure they make it out of that series with the Pens.

In defense of the B's, they are playing the prohibitive
favorite to win The Cup. Can't see them needing
more than 6 games to win Stanley. If B's take them
to six it might be their toughest series.

Don't understand how people don't realize how
good they are. Boston by no means "suck" just
don't have a Coyle type 2nd line winger and refuse
to adjust that LD core.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

As poorly as the Bruins have played at times in the RTP, they've also played well and competed hard at times as well.

From what I saw of that Pens team, they neither played well nor competed hard. Just going through the motions.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
This has been the worst playoffs I've ever watched, and it has nothing to do with the quality of play or the Bruins performance. No Game 7s in the 1st round (has been done only 3 other times in history), and every round 2 series at 3-1. It's never happened in history where there have been zero Game 7s in the 1st + 2nd rounds. Why do you think people got so invested in that Leafs vs. Jackets series? Because it actually went the distance. 5-15 record for teams facing elimination this year (excluding that one game 5 for Leafs vs. Jackets as both were facing elimination).

Lol, you are not oold enough to remember the
1968-1970 SC PO. Infintely worse than this.

Three years in a row that the SCF was a mere
formality. That's a horrible PO. All the series in
the WC was inferior hockey by todays standards.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Pretty wide gap between the top 3 goalies and the rest this round for the 8 primary starters:

Lehner - .952
Varlamov - .939
Vasilevskiy - .927

Hart - .901
Khudobin - .899
Markstrom - .894
Halak - .891
Francouz - .862

League average save % this season was .910.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad