NHL Around the NHL XX - NHL looking at playoffs starting on July 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Saw TOR re-sign Muzzin and was looking at their cap situation for next season and, well :huh:

According to CF they have $77 million committed for next season with 15 players signed. Lets say the cap goes up to $84 million. They'll have $7 million to fill 7 spots to complete a 23 man roster. I just don't see how they are going to get better with the current construction of the team lol

How about the next year when they have $69 million committed to 12 players. Anderson ($5 million) and Hyman ($2.25 million) are the only free agents from their current 2020-21 cap situation.

Have to think they’re going to move Nylander at some point.

Reactions: Alicat

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
How about the next year when they have $69 million committed to 12 players. Anderson ($5 million) and Hyman ($2.25 million) are the only free agents from their current 2020-21 cap situation.

Have to think they’re going to move Nylander at some point.

If teams can survive whatever happens with the cap this off season they will be very happy in two years about that. Look for a big increase.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Saw TOR re-sign Muzzin and was looking at their cap situation for next season and, well :huh:

According to CF they have $77 million committed for next season with 15 players signed. Lets say the cap goes up to $84 million. They'll have $7 million to fill 7 spots to complete a 23 man roster. I just don't see how they are going to get better with the current construction of the team lol

Muzzin out 4 weeks with a broken hand - wow, that must have been some strong armed signing.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Avalanche vs. Sabres. Looking forward to seeing the Avalanche for the first time this season (I didn't stay up when the Bs were out there)

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Habs suck so much and will for the foreseeable futur.

Already way behind Bruins and TB, Leafs and Florida too, Buffalo have Eichel and Dahlin as cornerstones, Ottawa will get two top 5 picks this summer and highest chance at Lafreniere and Detroit has Yzerman and 50% chance for a top 3 pick.

Enjoy the basement losers.

1993 Forever!

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Saw this and was thinking that they'll probably be saved by LTIR again, but I didn't realize that Horton and Clarkson's contracts expire this year, so they won't be able to go over the cap by $10.5 million anymore.

Ilya Mikheyev and Travis Dermott are really their only free agents that need to be given raises, but they're not going to be able to add anything without trading one of their bigger contracts.

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Just remembered why the Bs left Colin Miller unprotected.. two 100 mph slappers that missed the net by half mile and a terrible hip check attempt that led to odd man rush in the same shift ugh

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Vegas are built for the playoffs and whoever faces them is going to be in some tough.Oilers be down 8 not for goalie.Lost Athanasiou to injury as well.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I can't imagine him playing again after suffering cardiac arrest and having a defibrillator inserted. Having that done means there is an ongoing problem regulating his heartbeat.

I heard an interview with him yesterday and he talked about how he went from being what he was to what he's restricted doing now. He said it's crazy how things can change in an instant

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad