Around the NHL XVIII: The Stanley Cup is won, everyone's offseason begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Bieksa to Ducks for a 2nd.

Somehow they managed to get even douchier.

Anaheim is doing a great job of assembling a team full of players I hate onto one Douchetastic All-Star Superteam, so that I can better enjoy the other 29 teams in the league.

As soon as they sign Cooke to play on their 4th line, the transformation will be complete.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
I'm just happy we got Zibby and Stone signed to good bridge contracts before everyone else started to shift.

Would love Saad on this team and think we could have offered more, but will wait on the contract he gets before jumping the gun.

Just wondering can a team still make an offer sheet to Saad tomorrow? Or does Columbus get some leeway.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I know there was almost no chance he was going to get inducted this year due to the class he was up against, but I still think it's an absolute farce of incredible proportions that Eric Lindros has been eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame for 5 years now, and he has yet to be voted in.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I know there was almost no chance he was going to get inducted this year due to the class he was up against, but I still think it's an absolute farce of incredible proportions that Eric Lindros has been eligible for the Hockey Hall of Fame for 5 years now, and he has yet to be voted in.

The fact that he played for the Leafs makes it even more surprising that he hasn't been inducted yet.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
The fact that he played for the Leafs makes it even more surprising that he hasn't been inducted yet.

I think it's more political. Lindros hasn't made many fans in his post playing days.

Similar to Barrasso not being there, but Lindros being slightly more likeable and arguably a better argument to actually be there.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
even if this deal backfires on chicago in the future it would honestly be the first bad move they've seemed to have made personnel wise since bowman's been there. I figure he has a long leash when it comes to moves with his history of success

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
even if this deal backfires on chicago in the future it would honestly be the first bad move they've seemed to have made personnel wise since bowman's been there. I figure he has a long leash when it comes to moves with his history of success

I believe the whole initial RFA debacle which precipitated some tough contracts early on for them was actually technically under Bowman's watch.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Screw Lindros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad