Around The NHL XVIII: Scoreboard Watching Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

goplayer

Nov 18, 2011
Any one old enough to remember the game in the early 70s where NY played Detroit on Sunday afternoon the day after Detroit clinched a playoff berth? NY and Montreal were chasing the playoffs, final day of the season and the tiebreaker was goals scored. Detroit had partied the night before, as confessed by a player during intermission, and the Rangers hammered the Canadiens.

That night in the Montreal/Chicago game Montreal pulled their goalie when losing 5-2 midway through the game. They needed five goals to make the playoffs. Lost 10-2.

My exact details might be sketchy but I recall the interview with the Detroit player admitting they were bagged.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Can't worry about what Boston's doing. They were never just going to lay down and die. We've always been in a position where we need to keep winning to secure ourselves a playoff spot. Nothing has changed.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Am I the only one who is fine with the Lucic goal to make it 1-0?

It's pretty much the exact same kind of goal that Zibanejad scored on Price in the 2013 playoffs

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Washington losing in regulation is definitely good

Nope. I said the exact same thing in the last thread

A bunch of Habs fan seem to believe the rules for redirecting the puck off your skate have been modified for this season

I just went over the changes and could find no such modification. Did I miss something or are they still bitter? :laugh:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
With the Lightning getting shutout for the 1st time this season, the Sens are now the only team in the NHL who hasn't been shutout yet this season.

MusicTeacher

Mar 10, 2008
I think it would be best if both Boston and us overtake the Capitals for the wild cards. Let the B's take the Rangers in the playoffs and we get Montreal.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think it would be best if both Boston and us overtake the Capitals for the wild cards. Let the B's take the Rangers in the playoffs and we get Montreal.

It's still going to be very difficult to catch the Caps: 5 point difference and we have two games in hand, one is against them

The game against them will be huge: if we win tonight and against them we're still not caught up to them. We're going to need them to lose some more games.

Then there's Florida who's hot on our trail

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It's still going to be very difficult to catch the Caps: 5 point difference and we have two games in hand, one is against them

The game against them will be huge: if we win tonight and against them we're still not caught up to them. We're going to need them to lose some more games.

Then there's Florida who's hot on our trail

I haven't looked at the numbers, but if we have two games in hand on them as you say, one is not burned when we play them.

If we win our two games in hand, and beat them head to head, we would then be ahead of them as long as our record was the same otherwise.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
BU won again. O'Connor heading to the Frozen Four on April 9th.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I haven't looked at the numbers, but if we have two games in hand on them as you say, one is not burned when we play them.

If we win our two games in hand, and beat them head to head, we would then be ahead of them as long as our record was the same otherwise.

Two games in hand is 4 points

There's a 5 point gap

4 points does not cover a 5 point gap

Anyway, we lost to Toronto in OT so now we have one game in hand, and are 4 point behind them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad