Around the NHL XVI: Fried Turkey Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
The Devils are complete trash. Dear lord.

The Isles are 6-0 in shootouts. Unbelievable. They have two more ROW's than we do.

I said at the beginning of the season that Tampa were overrated and I'm sticking to it.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I disagree, I think Tampa as of now are the best team in the East. Top 3 forward, great offensive depth, top 10 defenseman, great defensive depth and a above-average goalie.

Last edited:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I didn't say they were bad. They probably are the best team in the East.

But I keep hearing that they're Jesus Christ's personally selected all star team.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
Phew, don't worry guys we're still ahead of Florida in ROWs which does in fact give us the last wildcard spot as of right now.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
The Devils are complete trash. Dear lord.

The Isles are 6-0 in shootouts. Unbelievable. They have two more ROW's than we do.

I said at the beginning of the season that Tampa were overrated and I'm sticking to it.

Agreed on the Isles they will not keep this up. Remind me of the Avs from last season, squeezing out close games all the time. Tampa on the other hand is the only team in the east I would not want to face in a playoff series. I seriously think come playoff time we can make the Stanley Cup again if we don't run into Tampa. Although I do not like their defense behind Hedman-Stralman, still don't like how we match up.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Tampa seems for real to me, though I think we could beat them in a best of seven series. Assuming both rosters are healthy, we've consistently hit our stride by the last few weeks of the regular season, and we'd have a lot more tape on Tampa by that time.

Isles seem a little worse than their record but not abundantly so. I think their definitely a good team, I'm just curious to see how Halak's numbers look by the season's end.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Agreed on the Isles they will not keep this up. Remind me of the Avs from last season, squeezing out close games all the time. Tampa on the other hand is the only team in the east I would not want to face in a playoff series. I seriously think come playoff time we can make the Stanley Cup again if we don't run into Tampa. Although I do not like their defense behind Hedman-Stralman, still don't like how we match up.

I absolutely agree with this as well...

Caps have no depth
Devils are trash
Boston's defense has been depleted since the Boychuck trade and their offense is hardly existent
Isles are solid offensively, but not defensively. We have the edge in goaltending and defense by far
We've pretty much owned PIT minus our 2 goal meltdown, which I believe is fixable
PHI is hot garbage
DET is the only tough one, but I think we have the edge on them too...

Like you said, Tampa is probably the least favorable matchup, but I see absolutely no reason that we can't make it to the ECF...

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I absolutely agree with this as well...

Caps have no depth
Devils are trash
Boston's defense has been depleted since the Boychuck trade and their offense is hardly existent
Isles are solid offensively, but not defensively. We have the edge in goaltending and defense by far
We've pretty much owned PIT minus our 2 goal meltdown, which I believe is fixable
PHI is hot garbage
DET is the only tough one, but I think we have the edge on them too...

Like you said, Tampa is probably the least favorable matchup, but I see absolutely no reason that we can't make it to the ECF...

Tampa and Montreal scare me. More than Pitt to be honest.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Yup the same Montreal we needed 7 games to put away.

They scare me because the just won't go away. I don't know if it's the ghosts of those 70's teams, but they keep staying in games and series that they flat out don't deserve. It's not even an anomaly, it's a friggin trend with them. With a roster as frankly unimpressive as theirs, I don't know how the **** they win so many games.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Habs are just full of luck lately. They will cool down just like Calgary, Colorado, and every other frikking team that's hit a hot streak...

Their fancy stats are HORRENDOUS, and their play is about as sustainable as the islanders defense is right now... Let's not jump off a train just yet...

Price is the reason they are even in games ... They remind me a ton of the avalanche last year...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Tampa would doodoo on the Rangers in a 7 game series.

Not worried about the rest of the East, though.

I think it would be closer than everyone thinks... It would probably look more like the first 2 periods of the most recent game vs the lightning.. The one where before our defense completely **** the bed, we were actually outplaying them and scoring on bishop pretty often.

Tampa is scary, but they're not unbeatable... Just like us.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Tampa would doodoo on the Rangers in a 7 game series.

Not worried about the rest of the East, though.

Not with all those young players. Experience means a lot and you need it from your best players.

If you make Tampa a one-line team in the playoffs, they can be handled. Add to the fact that one of their leaders is a playoff choker and you essentially have Stamkos and Bishop against everybody.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Tampa is scary, but in a playoff series we stand a chance. It's not like they're gonna mop the floor with us. Also cally doesn't score in the playoffs so that's like taking a given 2 goal lead away from them

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Tampa doesn't "scare" me on paper, but the fact that they've handled us recently is at least a little worrisome. I mean it's easy to say we'll pick up our play and they will cool off, but until that really happens, I wouldn't be confident at all about us taking them.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Tampa is a very good team. Bishop, Johnson, Kucherov, and Hedman have broken out and are the real deal. That said, they'll be lucky to get to the ECF.

Here's why: They have too many young guys that had great starts to the season. They'll start to slow down once February and March come around due to fatigue, and so will the Lightning.

I was amazed at how well the Rangers jail broke the pinching Vancouver defense for all of those odd man rushes. Tampa does the exact same thing. Our pro scouts didn't have the time to scout their D playing then so often earlier in the season. If we were to meet them in the playoffs, our guys will have the book on how to beat Tampa's forecheck and aggressive defense. Our guys have been to the show. The majority of theirs haven't. We would beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad