Around the NHL XIV: Game 82 AND BEYOND Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Just had a look at the D parings for the Red Wings tonight. Safe to say Tampa Bay will be playing Montreal on friday.

No Zidlicky and no Kronwall is a massive blow

I'm really pissed they suspended him for that hit, what a ****ing joke

Of course the hit was awful but if you let him do that for years you don't suddenly suspend him for a Game 7 :rant:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Ultimately the responsibility is on Kronwall not to jump elbow first into Kucherov's head.

He has only himself to blame.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Ultimately the responsibility is on Kronwall not to jump elbow first into Kucherov's head.

He has only himself to blame.

Not if the League had told doing so was fine for years and years since he never got suspended for making that kind of a hit

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Not if the League had told doing so was fine for years and years since he never got suspended for making that kind of a hit

IMO this hit is much more blatant in its rule violation than most of his previous hits.

He knows the NHL is moving against headshots and that that sort of hit won't fly anymore. Kronwall is a guy who has skirted the line for years so he clearly knows where it is.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Clearly he does not and neither do the refs since they didn't call anything on the hit

I'm fine with suspending dangerous hits but not when they've been allowing them for this long and not for a Game 7 (considering they allowed those hits for so long)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I wasn't aware it was missed on the ice but I do understand that the details of the rule violations (feet in the air, point of contact) would be hard to catch in real time.

Either way I'm pleased the NHL has responded to this in the right manner.

Ooh Lazar*

Tampa pp looks a bit like ours. Pass.....wait......wait.....pass....WAIT....

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
IMO this hit is much more blatant in its rule violation than most of his previous hits.

He knows the NHL is moving against headshots and that that sort of hit won't fly anymore. Kronwall is a guy who has skirted the line for years so he clearly knows where it is.

Sounds a lot like Chris Neil. Would anyone here be happy if Neil got suspended for one of his regular style hits he did a year or two ago?

And how the hell does the NHL justify suspending a guy for a game 7 yet you-know-who got away with that obvious intent to injure slash?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Looks like I'm a Bolts fan for the next couple weeks :yo:
(I like them anyway tho)

I'm probably going to cheer for them as well, but if the Habs make it to round 3, it'll be hard for me to live in Montreal and not cheer for them just a tiny bit.

This city is electric during the playoffs and I can only ignore the fun for so long. :P

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nice to see Tampa win, but man, they look weak. Not sure if they have what it takes to drive to the net and battle a trappy style team.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
With Bishop starting, the Habs won't get a two game spot to start this series.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Hey guys don't be strangers in the playoff threads and give us a little bit of that luck.

We'll take care of business.

Your guys might need steel gauntlets.

51EPf7C0I7L._SY300_.jpg

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
He should also probably know that Hab fans at the Bell Centre aren't above harassing teenaged girls.

It's something to be careful about, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad