OT: Around the NHL XI: Playoff GDT Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Nashville deserved this game, its been to good of a series to end in 5 games.

That Tim Mcgraw song Nashville plays when they score always gets stuck in my head after i watch a Nashville game.

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
I went on a tirade against the NHL yesterday. I am now starting to regret it. In the rest of the playoff match ups, penalties and interference are being called. They aren't calling them in favor of the Pens for one or more of the couple of reasons I can think of:
1) The Pens have a rep for embellishing
2) The Pens *****ed too much to the refs before
3) The Pens have Downie
4) The Pens don't have enough dynamic players that can out skate anyone anyway to buy a call
I honestly believe this is more of a Pens-centric issue. Thoughts?

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Also, damn shame Forsberg isn't a finalist for the Calder. I kind of see why since everyone else nominated had a great year, but I feel like this is going to be one of those years you look back on and wonder how the hell that one guy didn't get it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
BREAKING: Former POHO Kevin Lowe moves out of hockey dep't in EDM, retains role on business side of Oilers Entertainment Group.

So basically the old boys network is still intact in Edmonton? I mean, Chiarelli is an improvement, but they need a full culture change.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
So basically the old boys network is still intact in Edmonton? I mean, Chiarelli is an improvement, but they need a full culture change.

If they give him power to fire and hire as he sees fit it's still a big improvement and positive change. Doesn't have to be all at once to make a difference. Even providing new direction to the same staff could yield good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad