Around the NHL X - Down the Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Montreal with Price in God mode could be a test. But yes, Rangers are on another level right now. By far the team to beat.

The Rangers would win games by a closer score instead. They would still dismantle the Habs from a puck-possession standpoint.

Make that 7-2. Rangers are gonna be a very tough out. Tampa seems like the only team who may have thier number.

The Bolts are the only team I can see beating them, partially because (as you mentioned) they have their number. Bishop would need to be at the top of his game though.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Rangers/Habs ECF could be downright awesome. Rangers play awesome hockey. They are dangerous. They just don't stop moving.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
At least we'll have a long summer to get to working on all of the myriad of problems facing this organization--and ultimately not fix any of them. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Rangers/Habs ECF could be downright awesome. Rangers play awesome hockey. They are dangerous. They just don't stop moving.

This place would be insufferable if either of those two made the finals again.

I'd rather see a Jets vs Lightning finals.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
At least we'll have a long summer to get to working on all of the myriad of problems facing this organization--and ultimately not fix any of them. :laugh:

Let's be honest...none of the real problems will be fixed.

What could happen?

Early exit, coach fired.
Kunitz traded.
Scuderi traded.
One of the ASGM's take over.
Etc etc...

The real problem is how the Pens "attitude" that needs to be changed. This team, it feels like they sign a contract to allow some upper management to meddle or something. The arrogance that this team has, the whole "spoiled privileged rich kid" syndrome this team has.

I wish Babcock was the Pens coach, but does anyone think the franchise would let him have "Patrick Roy" power in Pittsburgh where he's running the show more than people realize? The ONLY place Babs will get that kind of power is Toronto where Nonis would get fired, Babcock would be coach, Shanny would take over in name and let Babs have his full run.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Looks like Boston might not make the playoffs. Sens have 2 games in hand, down 1 point. Hope Bruins don't make them playoffs! although they still have their 1st round pick sadly.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
At this time last year everybody thought Boston was coming out of the east, they were winning every game just like the NYR are this year, and they didn't even make it out of the 2nd round.

The NYR should be the favorite in the east, but i still wouldn't give them more then a 25% chance of coming out of the east, there is so much parity right now.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Montreal with Price in God mode could be a test. But yes, Rangers are on another level right now. By far the team to beat.

ANOTHER Boston loss!! Oh baby I can't get enough of their losing streak. :yo:

Same here, I hope the Bruins finish 9th and miss out. But they kept their pick and will have a decent draft choice.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
At this time last year everybody thought Boston was coming out of the east, they were winning every game just like the NYR are this year, and they didn't even make it out of the 2nd round.

The NYR should be the favorite in the east, but i still wouldn't give them more then a 25% chance of coming out of the east, there is so much parity right now.

Right now, as much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't bet on anyone but Carey Price. The Habs might be the only team that can give the Rags some hard time, maybe the Caps as well depending on how well Holtby performs.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Right now, as much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't bet on anyone but Carey Price. The Habs might be the only team that can give the Rags some hard time, maybe the Caps as well depending on how well Holtby performs.

I don't view the NYR as overwhelmingly favorites, they can be beat, i don't think there is a big difference between them and the other playoff teams in the east.

Before last nights game against Anaheim NYR scored 13 goals in there last 8 games.

And they really aren't that great of a possession team either.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Rangers/Habs was a snooze fest last year. No thanks.

Sorry for lurking... but what?

Game 1: Rangers erupt for 7

Game 2: okay, maybe not a great one

Game 3: Kreider scores with 30 secs to go. Galyenchuk in OT.

Game 4: Marty in OT.

Game 5: Canadiens go up 3. Rangers storm back. Canadiens score a few more and hold Rangers off.

Game 6: Henrik makes an all-time save. Moore scores the winner. Non-stop back and forth in the 3rd.

How the hell was that series a snooze fest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad