Around the NHL X - Down the Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I wouldn´t say so. We picked up a loser point vs them already this year. That losing against them has to end at some point. If those games are authomatic losses, then the games vs Arizona(2x) and Buffalo are authomatic wins. We also play NJD, CBJ, CAR and teams like that, so the points will come.

I'm not saying its likely to happen, but i think there is a chance pens could be a wildcard, they really aren't that good of a team when you take Geno and Horny out of the lineup.

If the pens go 5-8 the rest of the way caps would need to go 7-5 the rest of the way to catch the pens.

If the pens go 6-7 the rest of the way caps would need to go 8-4 the rest of the way to catch the pens.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Penguins @ Devils (no idea how they'll contain Jordin Tootoo)
Penguins @ Stars (the Stars are a spoiler team at this point)
Penguins @ Coyotes (yeah... they're bad)
Blues @ Penguins (the toughest opponent remaining)
Penguins @ Hurricanes (They should be able to beat them)
Coyotes @ Penguins
Sharks @ Penguins (the Pens outplayed them last game)
Flyers @ Penguins (lol)
Penguins @ Blue Jackets (Dubinsky or Hartnell will probably troll them with a late goal)
Penguins @ Flyers (lol)
Penguins @ Senators (depends on whether Hammond is still playing out of his mind)
Islanders @ Penguins (they could win this one)
Penguins @ Sabres (a loss would cause me to seriously question this team's ability to win a hockey game)

I see them winning 6 or 7 of those games, which might just get them 3rd in the division.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Poor Panthers. Lou got hurt at the worst possible time for them. It's costing them a playoff spot that was gonna be theirs.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Who thought it was a good idea to put Buffalo on NBSCN two nights in a row?

I know I'd much rather watch Montreal-Tampa than Washington-Buffalo tonight. And pretty much any other game than Boston-Buffalo that's on tomorrow.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Who thought it was a good idea to put Buffalo on NBSCN two nights in a row?

I know I'd much rather watch Montreal-Tampa than Washington-Buffalo tonight. And pretty much any other game than Boston-Buffalo that's on tomorrow.
Agreed. But speaking about the Pens fans, then BUF-WSH game has bigger impact than MTL vs TB game. And it might actually get interesting as Buffalo is outplaying the Caps in the 1st period.

Imagine this, if WSH somehow loses this game, then it pretty much sets up our R1 matchup vs Isles. Also, let´s see how many pts are OV & Backs gonna get tonight. Sid needs that Art Ross.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
So glad I decided to watch the Hawks game live instead of the Pens game, haha.

Toews has been amazing tonight. 3-0 right now Hawks up on the Islanders.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
So glad I decided to watch the Hawks game live instead of the Pens game, haha.

Toews has been amazing tonight. 3-0 right now Hawks up on the Islanders.

I think they're going to have problems in the playoffs without Kane. Teams will just go all in to shut down Toews' line.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Buffalo beat Boston tonight, and they took Washington to a shootout last night. Can never predict anything in the NHL.

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
Poor Panthers. Lou got hurt at the worst possible time for them. It's costing them a playoff spot that was gonna be theirs.

Silver lining is that Finland will get Barkov to the World Championships. Earlier in the season it looked out like we'd get half the Minnesota team as well, but Devan Dubnyk of all people begged to disagree. Glad for the guy that he could bounce back in a major way.

I know, it's their job to play in the NHL, but at least there is some silver lining to the renewed Florida team getting left out of the mix.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Penguins @ Devils (no idea how they'll contain Jordin Tootoo)
Penguins @ Stars (the Stars are a spoiler team at this point)
Penguins @ Coyotes (yeah... they're bad)
Blues @ Penguins (the toughest opponent remaining)
Penguins @ Hurricanes (They should be able to beat them)
Coyotes @ Penguins
Sharks @ Penguins (the Pens outplayed them last game)
Flyers @ Penguins (lol)
Penguins @ Blue Jackets (Dubinsky or Hartnell will probably troll them with a late goal)
Penguins @ Flyers (lol)
Penguins @ Senators (depends on whether Hammond is still playing out of his mind)
Islanders @ Penguins (they could win this one)
Penguins @ Sabres (a loss would cause me to seriously question this team's ability to win a hockey game)

I see them winning 6 or 7 of those games, which might just get them 3rd in the division.

If we keep playing like **** the way we have and that the Caps pass us, that game in Ottawa might be a lot more important then we think!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I watch other teams, like this Rangers/Chicago game, and I cannot even see Pittsburgh getting a game from them. They just look better. THey all look playoff ready.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I watched the Rangers/Blackhawks game and it's the same 1-0 type of hockey everybody is playing these days. The lack of scoring in the league is disturbing.

I do look at the rosters and I don't think the Pens stack up to those type of teams but you never know. Hockey playoffs can be a weird thing sometimes.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
The Blackhawks/Rangers game didn't lack scoring opportunities, but holy **** does it only go to emphasize that either goalie equipment needs to be made smaller or that the nets need to be made bigger.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's possible. The East will be a total toss-up. There will be no such thing as an upset.

You can't look at any team from 1st-8th and think, well they would totally take that series.

Rangers, are likely over confident and they have every right to be. But I feel like last year, they caught lightning in a bottle. I don't see them going that far this year.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Rangers sit atop the league standings, and that is without Lundqvist. Them going far this year will have less to do them "catching lightening in a bottle" and more to do with them being a good team.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I watch other teams, like this Rangers/Chicago game, and I cannot even see Pittsburgh getting a game from them. They just look better. THey all look playoff ready.

I think you'd be surprised. Despite the doom and gloom around here, the Pens, if healthy, CAN put together 4 lines(without the likes of Glass, Adams, Gibbons, Ebbett) that can compete with the Rangers or Blackhawks imo. Do Kunitz, Bennett, Comeau and all the other key players here need to bring it to do so? Yes, but it's doable.

Also, the Pens aren't gonna look like a playoff team without Geno and Horny in the lineup. At best, they'll look like they did versus the Devil's in the 3rd or versus Boston.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Anyone else frustrated that the only thing produced by the GM meetings were some changes to OT and goaltender interference video reviews? I want to see them crack down on obstruction, reduce goaltender equipment size. If not at the GM meetings, where would we see these kind of talks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce