OT: Around the NHL: Welcome the Vegas Golden Knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
To me neither incident was that bad, the worst part was what happened right after with Larsen. The Zajac injury didn't look too dangerous, but the result was surprisingly bad.

I can't figure out why Zajac didn't put his arms out before he rammed into the boards face first. It looked like he had time to do it. I'm not implying that he was trying to draw a penalty, I'm wondering if his hands were under his stick or something.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Pastrnak is legit. Sucks we didn't pick him up in 2014.

Would have been a great pick, but then perhaps he's who the Leafs insist on receiving in the Kessel deal. The pick looks terrible when you compare Kapanen to Pastrnak, but at least it ended up working out for us in the end.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Another stupid hit by Tom Wilson and the Bruins score to tie it up on the resulting power play. No idea why Caps fans choose to die on the hill of defending that moron.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Very hard to root for the Caps, even if you wanted to. Such an unlikable bunch, Oshie has the most punchable face in the NHL.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Another stupid hit by Tom Wilson and the Bruins score to tie it up on the resulting power play. No idea why Caps fans choose to die on the hill of defending that moron.

The fallacy of throwing good money after bad. It's like they don't want to admit that they messed up taking a thug who can barely play hockey one pick above Hertl.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
While watching the 1st period of Sharks Sens game last night, the SJ announcers had a few interesting stats mentioned. One Sharks related and the second Penguins related.

1) Since the start of last season, Martin Jones has had 35 games of allowing one goal or less. That is the best of any goaltender in the league.

2) Since Mike Sullivan took over, 25% of the Pen's wins have come in games in which they were trailing by 2 goals or more.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
While watching the 1st period of Sharks Sens game last night, the SJ announcers had a few interesting stats mentioned. One Sharks related and the second Penguins related.

1) Since the start of last season, Martin Jones has had 35 games of allowing one goal or less. That is the best of any goaltender in the league.

2) Since Mike Sullivan took over, 25% of the Pen's wins have come in games in which they were trailing by 2 goals or more.

That second stat... Are we bad for being behind all the time, or are we good for being able to come back? If we're winning that's good, but that's a dangerous game to play, right? Basically it takes two full intermissions of Sully chewing out our players for his message to come through and for the team to start skating, or so it seems.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I lean toward it being good. They never seem to be out of a game even when they're down three goals and that's incredible. It would be nice if they had to come back less frequently, though.

I'm also curious what the underlying stats say in these games. I felt like they were mostly in control of that Ottawa game and still had to come back from 2 goals down so I'm not sure I'd put a lot of stock in that being representative of much.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't mind the stat, I mean I still think the Pens have a long way to go to being THE team to beat this year even given what happened last season, but never being out of it means, the moment you sit back even a little bit with a lead against the Pens, you're the one trying to get back the lead moments later.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Lightning will probably win a cup within next few years..so if pens don't..I'd like to see them get another one.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Aslong as we get 3 before Hawks get 4 so there is no Toews >>>>>>>> Crosby talks anymore.

Crosby will probably beat Toews' career high in goals by the All Star break.

Hawks fans can believe whatever they want, they're wrong. 1.32 PPG vs 0.86 PPG and Crosby's a better two way player as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad