OT: Around the NHL: Welcome the Vegas Golden Knights!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Andy-Dwyer-Shock.gif

Hockey is back. Continue...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
More like Secondary Connor, amirite?

But for real, Elliott is having a very bad start to his Flames career. 3 goals on 6 shots in the 1st.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

But for real, Elliott is having a very bad start to his Flames career. 3 goals on 6 shots in the 1st.

And his rebound control is awful. Can't control them at all. He keeps sending them in the air. It will end up biting him in the rear end

If their young guys click, the Oilers offense will be pretty good. Depth, skills and, for the first time in the current era of sucktitude, size. Their D should also be much improved. This year probably isn't their year yet though. It might be what 2007 was to us.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
And his rebound control is awful. Can't control them at all. He keeps sending them in the air. It will end up biting him in the rear end

If their young guys click, the Oilers offense will be pretty good. Depth, skills and, for the first time in the current era of sucktitude, size. Their D should also be much improved. This year probably isn't their year yet though. It might be what 2007 was to us.

their D is still pretty bad, sure they got a hell of a top 3 in brodie,gio and hamilton. but then you have grossman,wideman and engo. they can only ice one good pairing. they need to trade for a #4 so they can run two good pairs.

edit: oh you were talking about the oilers D.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada

Doesnt help that Grossman cant play hockey or skate and directly resulted in the first 2 goals against. Im wondering if Elliott is deliberately trying to get the Flames to dump him already.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Elliott benefited from being in a good system. While I'm not gonna say that he sucks after just one period, but he is very average. MAF is clearly more talented and the Flames made a mistake trading for Elliott over him IMO, you get what you pay for.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Yeah man, Grossman. Wowza. If that guy can step in to immediately become one of your top six defensemen, I don't know why they didn't just bring back Russell, who actually looks pretty decent out there for Edmonton.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Yeah man, Grossman. Wowza. If that guy can step in to immediately become one of your top six defensemen, I don't know why they didn't just bring back Russell, who actually looks pretty decent out there for Edmonton.

$3.1m versus league minimum is probably the answer. Russell's better, but he's still an awfully limited player. Granted, it's only a one year deal, but unless Calgary expect to seriously contend this year, they might as well go with Grossmann.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
$3.1m versus league minimum is probably the answer. Russell's better, but he's still an awfully limited player. Granted, it's only a one year deal, but unless Calgary expect to seriously contend this year, they might as well go with Grossmann.
If Russell is limited, which he is, I dunno what Grossman is. At least if they're out of it, they could sell off Russell for assets once more.

Last edited:

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
If Russell is limited, which is his, I dunno what Grossman is. At least if they're out of it, they could sell off Russell for assets once more.

Yeah, I'm not defending Grossmann. Just saying that if he had a good camp (which he must have as I believe he was on a PTO), they might have figured it was a better idea to go with him rather than meet Russell's demands.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
McDavid's shootout goal is ridiculous. His hands and speed are just mean. He doesn't even need to shoot that hard. He just creates clear lanes and dekes goalies out.

Health is probably the only thing holding him back from tearing this league a new one. He's gonna get roughed up playing the way he does.

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Elliott benefited from being in a good system. While I'm not gonna say that he sucks after just one period, but he is very average. MAF is clearly more talented and the Flames made a mistake trading for Elliott over him IMO, you get what you pay for.

Elliott has always been butt, Calgary won't go anywhere far with him.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Elliot's fine on a good team. He'd be ideal as a backup for Murray. Makes 2.5 mil for this year and then a UFA. I'd go back to Calgary and see if they'd do a swap.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
So Kopitar is playing with Dustin Brown and Devin Setoguchi. Holy ****.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Pjalvlvlvirrallalli with his first, Elliot getting thrashed.

The more I watch Lucic, the more I'm convinced the Edmonton is paying 6 million for an old-score enforcer.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm just throwing a pat on the back here... I said St Louis looked damn good and a major threat when they were down 1-0. I come out of hockey to hear they dominated. Watch out for that team this year.

And those who know me, know I have been hard on that team since last year.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Pjalvlvlvirrallalli with his first, Elliot getting thrashed.

The more I watch Lucic, the more I'm convinced the Edmonton is paying 6 million for an old-score enforcer.

He's garbage but if he opens up space for McDavid/allows him to play fearless then I can't fault them. He definitely will provide some much needed leadership

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I'm just throwing a pat on the back here... I said St Louis looked damn good and a major threat when they were down 1-0. I come out of hockey to hear they dominated. Watch out for that team this year.

And those who know me, know I have been hard on that team since last year.

It was more Chicago having 1 line right now. All the former powerhouses look like **** so far.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Elliot looked like hot garbage in the portions of the game I was able to see. I believe the Flames outshot the Oilers by a pretty wide gap, but still end up losing 7-4.

Not a good night for goalies all around. Leafs' acquire Andersen to be their savior and he also looked rather mediocre against the Sens.

Insane what Matthews did in his debut, though. It's just too bad the rest of the Leafs looked pretty bad (including Andersen).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad