NHL Around The NHL VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
That’s good to know but here’s a better idea.....

How about we do something about the atrocious ice at TD garden instead?

Decent ice is not rocket science....
NOT MUCH YOU CAN REALLY DO ABOUT ICE IN a multi purpose arena setup, especially when both teams in said arena have games on the same day, Rocco, unfortunately

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
that was in Buffalo, right? didn't it happen just a couple hours after the Bruins finished a pre-game skate there? I remember reading that story in the paper and being horrified that Ray Bourque could have been crushed.
Yep. Gives me the heebie jeebies

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Since when was Jeff SKinner ever not worth a 2.3 and Cliff Pu? We should have beat that deal, and I'll stand behind that forever.

Skinner AVERAGES 30 goals per season. 16 goals, 30 pts is all of a sudden bad? in 41 games? that's only a 32/28/60 pace. Trash. LOL

Without his speed he doesn't offer much? What kind of comment is that? As he approaches 30? He will be 27 when next season starts. That's four seasons away. Now he's not worth 6 mil per? Getting his lunch handed to him? This is the first season he has had a more than average center, no?

You are out to lunch on this.

I'm with you here. He would have been an incredible pickup.

Side note: I'd love to have my lunch handed to me every day. Would make life easier.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
NOT MUCH YOU CAN REALLY DO ABOUT ICE IN a multi purpose arena setup, especially when both teams in said arena have games on the same day, Rocco, unfortunately
Boston isn't the only arena in the NHL that shares the venue with an NBA team, so I don't buy that excuse.

I'm not looking for perfection here. Just something approaching mediocrity

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Boston isn't the only arena in the NHL that shares the venue with an NBA team, so I don't buy that excuse.

I'm not looking for perfection here. Just something approaching mediocrity
THEN, it won't do any good to complain about bad ice, then, because you'll have to complain to every team in a dual purpose arena setup, it's just not feasible

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Ya know, I don`t hate the Jackets but I still like waking up and seeing a team who went out and traded for most of the big deadline chips falter as they have. Still a chance to sneak in but my opinion has always been, the bigger fish don`t guarantee jack and too many new faces at one time can be a detriment

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
one of my pet peeves just happened again. im watching leafs lunch. they are talking about whether players that don't win a cup get tainted

and the announcer says 'because of the cap, theres less teams that have a chance to win.'

really?

its the caps fault? I was around before the cap and more teams didn't have a chance to win. in fact, there used to be dynasties. when teams like the oilers, or canadiens, or islanders got good... it was almost impossible to beat them.

BEFORE THE CAP there was LESS TEAMS with a chance to win

there are more teams that don't win now... BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE TEAMS. at the beginning of any season theres prob half the teams that think if things go right for them they might win. trust me that's a lot more than used to have hope before the cap

I hate when these people with an audience say these stupid things and then people just accept it as gospel and get themselves all worked up. you can see this happening with playoff debates and the 'loser point' argument.

theres too much air time to fill... and sooner or later these people start talking about stupid things to fill it. I wish there was someway to fix it, but all I can do it rant about it here

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Since when was Jeff SKinner ever not worth a 2.3 and Cliff Pu? We should have beat that deal, and I'll stand behind that forever.

Skinner AVERAGES 30 goals per season. 16 goals, 30 pts is all of a sudden bad? in 41 games? that's only a 32/28/60 pace. Trash. LOL

Without his speed he doesn't offer much? What kind of comment is that? As he approaches 30? He will be 27 when next season starts. That's four seasons away. Now he's not worth 6 mil per? Getting his lunch handed to him? This is the first season he has had a more than average center, no?

Was hoping there would be a response to this. I need to know the thought process behind the OP

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

I asked Reed Duthie about this once & he thought part of why a Skinner deal didn't happen for Boston is because Buffalo was his preferred destination because it's closer to home. Looks like he's got a NMC so it's possible the field of trade options for him was extremely limited. On paper the Bruins definitely could have & should have beaten that package for him, but the impression I got from Reed is that the return is moot in this case.

With that said, I agree with everything else you said...anyone who doesn't think he's a terrific top 6 player is nuts.

Also Skinner's current deal was less than 10% of the cap when he signed it. If he was to sign for 8x8 with a salary cap of 80 million he'd essentially be signing a contract that is identical in value to his current contract from the team's perspective. but AOR has repeatedly insisted on being willfully ignorant of the notion of cap hit % so good luck with that argument.

Reactions: LouJersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad