NHL Around The NHL VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Gotta imagine what happens off camera with these guys in these situations.

Imagine the guys and Quaider...

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Gotta imagine what happens off camera with these guys in these situations.

Imagine the guys and Quaider...

You could see it with that clip of Voracek and Simmonds from last night. These guys go to war with each other a few times a week.

There’s no other way they could handle seeing a guy get moved when they’ve been together for a few years

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
You could see it with that clip of Voracek and Simmonds from last night. These guys go to war with each other a few times a week.

There’s no other way they could handle seeing a guy get moved when they’ve been together for a few years

There was a good feature in The Athletic a Couple weeks ago about Brian Boyle’s trade to Nashville.

Inside Brian Boyle's life immediately after trade to...

It was 7 a.m., Wednesday morning.
Lauren Boyle was driving her son Declan, closing in on 4 years old, to an afternoon appointment at Boston Children’s Hospital. Her husband, Brian Boyle, had practice with the Devils but would be home in the afternoon to look after their daughter, Bella, almost 2, so that was covered.
In the meantime, teammate Cory Schneider and his wife helped out by loaning their nanny for the morning.
What could go wrong?
Halfway into Lauren’s drive to Boston, she noticed a text from her husband.
Just traded to Nashville. Love you. Call you later.

——

Simmonds’ Wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant and doesn’t know where she’ll be delivering.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
There was a good feature in The Athletic a Couple weeks ago about Brian Boyle’s trade to Nashville.

Inside Brian Boyle's life immediately after trade to...

It was 7 a.m., Wednesday morning.
Lauren Boyle was driving her son Declan, closing in on 4 years old, to an afternoon appointment at Boston Children’s Hospital. Her husband, Brian Boyle, had practice with the Devils but would be home in the afternoon to look after their daughter, Bella, almost 2, so that was covered.
In the meantime, teammate Cory Schneider and his wife helped out by loaning their nanny for the morning.
What could go wrong?
Halfway into Lauren’s drive to Boston, she noticed a text from her husband.
Just traded to Nashville. Love you. Call you later.

——

Simmonds’ Wife is 6 1/2 months pregnant and doesn’t know where she’ll be delivering.
It's nice to hear that teams really try to help the new guys get settled in quick.

It really must be hard on the wives, especially when there are kids involved. I didn't know Simmonds' wife was expecting. Talk about a bad time for an emotional upheaval. :confused:

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Yup ,Zuc is a gamer.Be a real kick in groin we get nothing and a team like Dallas with barely a chance gets him for what they paid.Stuck waiting in Stone mode .

You want the Bruins to give up 2 potential 1sts for Zucc? Yikes

I wouldnt. You most likely lose a first second year in a row as well as now you’re pretty much out of the sweepstakes for Stone or other grade A asset.

Then if it was a second first...holy crap.

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Rangers got a conditional 2nd rounder and conditional 3rd rounder.If they win 2 rounds the 2nd pick is a first then.The other pick he has to resign to turn into a 1st and that is not happening.

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
Rangers got a conditional 2nd rounder and conditional 3td rounder
"The second-rounder becomes a first-round pick if the Stars make the third round of the playoffs and Zuccarello plays in at least 50 percent of the team's cumulative games over the first two rounds. The third-rounder becomes a first-rounder if Zuccarello signs with Dallas this summer, when he's due to become an unrestricted free agent."

No thank you.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
"The second-rounder becomes a first-round pick if the Stars make the third round of the playoffs and Zuccarello plays in at least 50 percent of the team's cumulative games over the first two rounds. The third-rounder becomes a first-rounder if Zuccarello signs with Dallas this summer, when he's due to become an unrestricted free agent."

No thank you.

Well if Bruins get to 3rd round it means they are past Tampa and playing for a chance to go to the Stanley Cup Finals .If it cost a 1st for that sign me up.Dallas is not resigning him so you can rule out the 2nd first-round pick..Anyways Bruins never got him and still have the huge hole in top 6. So we will see what happens.

Reactions: Fenian24

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

No thank you.

1. The chances of Dallas getting to the West Finals is about as likely as me painting Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night with only my left foot.

2. Zucc is most likely re-signing in NY this summer. He loves it there and its no secret he did not want to leave. He is taking one for the team here.

No 1sts are threatened in this deal.

Reactions: Chief Nine

prizminferno

Feb 14, 2019
No because I don't want my 1st locked into Zucc when there's still other deals to be made over the next (at the time) 2 days

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
1. The chances of Dallas getting to the West Finals is about as likely as me painting Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night with only my left foot.

2. Zucc is most likely re-signing in NY this summer. He loves it there and its no secret he did not want to leave. He is taking one for the team here.

No 1sts are threatened in this deal.

The firsts are a poison pill

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
No because I don't want my 1st locked into Zucc when there's still other deals to be made over the next (at the time) 2 days

I get that .My original post was Zuc is a gamer & it would be a real kick in groin we get nothing and Dallas got him for that deal.I understand why they never did the deal wanting a bigger fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad