Around the NHL VIII - Tarasenko is Good at Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Given that the league has become a breeding ground for disease and Dupuis' mysterious illness/injury.

Philadelphia Flyers ‏@NHLFlyers
Claude Giroux is unable to attend tonight's Season Ticket Holder event. He is being evaluated by team doctors.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Given that the league has become a breeding ground for disease and Dupuis' mysterious illness/injury.

Claude Giroux is unable to attend tonight's Season Ticket Holder event. He is being evaluated by team doctors.

Jesus. Vaccinate your kids and get flu shots, people.

Hopefully it's just the flu. With the luck the Pens have had over the past few years it's probably Ebola.

Last edited:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don't get how Giroux would get something though. Started at St.Louis (Although apparently originated in Anaheim), went to Anaheim, Dupuis could have it, and now Giroux. Think one of the Rangers was out for the same reasons for a few days?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Claude Giroux was evaluated by team doctors tonight and he is fine, according to #Flyers GM Ron Hextall.

So it's not related to whatever is going on with Dupuis.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Maybe they announced the 3 stars mid-way through the first period & NYR thought they could pack up and go home.

Wow, that Staal play was bad. That guy is going to get overpaid in free agency.[/QUOTE]

So any agent can use Bruce Orpeck and Engo contracts (and others) as comparables, and M. Staal's contract will probably rival Jordan's (maybe not ten years though). Happy times on the Staal family farm(s).

Rags looked like completely different team against just about everyone besides the Pens. Guess that explains their basically .500 record.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I am so damn jealous of the Lightning's young forwards. Where the hell do all these guys come from?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Someone forgot to tell them that they're not allowed to draft skilled forwards.

Seriously. I am just amazed at how many of them there are. I just looked really quick and they have 5 young wingers, 4 of whom are drafted, that I would take over Bennett (our best forward prospect drafted in the 8 years Shero was here). That doesn't include Drouin, since he was a gimme pick, or Connolly who is close to on par with Bennett.

The list is Nakestnikov (27th overall 2011), Kucherov (58th overall 2011), Palat (208 overall 2011), Johnson (undrafted), Killorn (77th overall 2007).

Yeah we have a better D prospect pool, but I'd rather just be jealous at the awesomeness of their young forwards.

Last edited:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Josh Harding cleared waivers. The kicking the wall thing was stupid on his part but I feel so bad for him with everything he's been through health-wise.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
We should report them to the league and get them kicked out for that.

Nah. They're only punishing themselves, after all. All of the good players come from North America. Especially the USA (who ACTUALLY invented the game). And in particular the NCAA. If the young player gets to his game enough... it's acceptable to draft from a short-list of CHL juniors teams. A very short list.

But ultimately you're just better off taking a defenseman or five.

RG said:
Not from NA? I don't get it. Are they from Mars or something?

Who knows? Probably wherever that lazy, no-heart floater Malkin is from. I try to emulate the mindset of the golden era of my favorite hockey team (2009-2013 <3) and not think about things that scare me.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Surely changes are coming in Toronto. Down 8-2 to the offensively inept Preds after gettling shalacked by Buffalo.

Could Dan Bylsma actually be the Leafs next coach?

I'm thinking they just promote within and pray for Babcock.

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
B2xinMuCUAEawzc.jpg

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Surely changes are coming in Toronto. Down 8-2 to the offensively inept Preds after gettling shalacked by Buffalo.

Could Dan Bylsma actually be the Leafs next coach?

I'm thinking they just promote within and pray for Babcock.

The Predators aren't offensively inept this year. They're 9th in the league in goals for per game. And just one of the best teams all around so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad