Around the NHL VIII - Tarasenko is Good at Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
What the heck is going on with the Leafs, that team shouldn't be that bad, they got some decent talent.

9Gsq3s1.jpg

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What the heck is going on with the Leafs, that team shouldn't be that bad, they got some decent talent.

They have some individually skilled guys, but overall they're not very deep both up front and on defense, and the talent they do have are largely one-dimensional players who, quite frankly, suck defensively.

Guys like Kessel, Lupul, and Kadri are skilled, but kind of lacking defensively. A guy like JVR is about average defensively, making him the best of the bunch in the top six (which isn't saying much). Tyler Bozak's their #1 center. He's probably better suited as a low end 2C or high end 3C.

On defense, Cody Franson's a pylon. I really don't know why Carlyle plays him so much. Every Leaf game I tune in to, he makes at least one boneheaded play per period. You've also got Jake Gardiner, who plays more like a rover than an actual defenseman, and Morgan Rielly, who is great at moving the puck but still suspect in his own zone. And the #1 guy (Phaneuf) is similar to Letang -- has all the physical tools in the world, but questionable toolbox.

Individually, they have guys who could be a great fit for a contender because contenders tend to have players who can cover for those shortcomings. But collectively, the Leafs aren't a recipe for success.

ProgOg

Aug 25, 2014
No, that'd be Bylsma to Philadelphia.

Carlyle would need a new job after getting fired, though. He should come back to Pennsylvania. But yeah Philly >Islanders, Toronto, whoever else is maybe coach-less this season for Bylsma.

I had hoped Therrien would get kicked out, too - but you can't have everything, and that winning streak def bought him lots of time.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Bylsma would have to take stress leave a week into the job. The media is way less forgiving in Totonto than it is in Pittsburgh, or at least it seems that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad