HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
A01B0975-E51C-4F1C-90C7-4162796FAE93.jpeg

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
There's now talk beginning of an Acella type train between Portland and Vancouver, BC, with Seattle as a stop. A 3+ hour drive turned into an hour and a half train ride for hockey? Oh yah. I'm in.

That would be epic. Such a good idea. Lived in Portland and Seattle and spent many days on the road between the two, this is so necessary.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That is SO sad.

From that report, as recently as the night before everything seemed fine. But him buying the gun suggests all was not well for a while.

Hard to imagine what his wife and kids are going through.
:cry: How terrible and sad.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Okay, a pick and retained make sense.

Neal has less cap hit but more term. So Calgary gets more cap hit(minus retained) for less term and a pick.
Edmonton has to retain and so gains no real cap space, but they get the player with more potential in Neal.

If Neal has a bad year next season this is another fail for the oil. However, it also has the chance to go well if Neal can regain his form with McDavid/Draisaitl/Nugen-Hopkins.

Its a roll of the dice for Edmonton for essentially the same expense they had. So they went from no hope so some hope.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm pulling for Looch and hope he has a rebirth, but this seems to make no sense for Calgary

Though I think it says something about James Neal that he's been on five teams in the last five seasons

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I wouldn't be surprised if Neal has a bit of a bounce back.

He had the Stanley Cup runner up hangover two consecutive years, plus the big contract to live up to.

A full summer off, lessened expectations, and some ice time with McDavid could see him put up better numbers.

Reactions: Estlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad