NHL Around the NHL VIII - John Tavares named Captain of the Edmund Fitzgerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There's now talk beginning of an Acella type train between Portland and Vancouver, BC, with Seattle as a stop. A 3+ hour drive turned into an hour and a half train ride for hockey? Oh yah. I'm in.

I’m sure they’ll make it a better version, but I love the Acela. The cost is tough to swallow sometimes but it’s certainly not the worst way to travel. I just wish there were easier train options Boston to Orlando

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if Neal has a bit of a bounce back.

He had the Stanley Cup runner up hangover two consecutive years, plus the big contract to live up to.

A full summer off, lessened expectations, and some ice time with McDavid could see him put up better numbers.

Maybe not full blown bounce back but he should definitely improve. There’s way too much skill there

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I’m sure they’ll make it a better version, but I love the Acela. The cost is tough to swallow sometimes but it’s certainly not the worst way to travel. I just wish there were easier train options Boston to Orlando
Is there a train option to Fla?

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I think you’d have to switch in DC, and the layover can be bad. Costs double what a plane ticket would be too
Ive had very good luck flying into Sarasota or Punta Gorda and have no interest in driving all that way, train would be an interesting alternative

Reactions: TD Charlie

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls

Why not fly? There are a couple of airlines that often have tickets one way from Boston to Orlando
or West Palm/Fort Lauderdale for $50 (sometimes less). I've flown one way from Niagara Falls NY
to Fort Lauderdale for as little as $26. (....and no....it wasn't in 1968) :laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Why not fly? There are a couple of airlines that often have tickets one way from Boston to Orlando
or West Palm/Fort Lauderdale for $50 (sometimes less). I've flown one way from Niagara Falls NY
to Fort Lauderdale for as little as $26. (....and no....it wasn't in 1968) :laugh:

To put it mildly, my wings do not work

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Iginla inspired Lucic to waive no-movement clause to join Flames

"Jarome and I got to know each other really well the year we played together in Boston," Lucic said. "We were linemates, we shared a lot of stories, went out to dinner together a lot. … I like to think he knows me pretty well and that's why he took time out of his day to give me a call and help me with my decision. And he did help me make up my mind."

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Iginla inspired Lucic to waive no-movement clause to join Flames

"Jarome and I got to know each other really well the year we played together in Boston," Lucic said. "We were linemates, we shared a lot of stories, went out to dinner together a lot. … I like to think he knows me pretty well and that's why he took time out of his day to give me a call and help me with my decision. And he did help me make up my mind."
why is Iginla working against the Flames?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
So sad the Bruins tough guys went into the fetal position when the Sabres acquired him. I remember that game in 2012 when Thornton tuned Weber, Lucic tuned Kaleta...beating buffalo up like usual back then....Sabres bring Scott in...McQ sticks up for Loui....He pummels Thornton....Chara and Lucic never drop the gloves with him....

Not that it’s my job to decide who fights who, but IMO Z should have taken on Scott around that time.

McQuaid, held his own. IIRC....definitely lost, but it was a decent showing, no?

Reactions: Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
James Neal seems to bring success everywhere he goes. What I'm wondering is why he has been on five teams in five years now?

Penguins - won the cup
Preds - went to the finals
Knights - went to the finals
Flames - Top seed in the west
Now Edmonton, where he may help McDavid turn it around

Part of it can be explained by his contract status and the expansion draft, but you'd think a guy with that much success would find a way to stay around somewhere. Maybe he's not a good clubhouse guy? Maybe he likes being a mercenary?

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Speaking of the Knights

Caved in a few days ago. Not a fan of the team but I am of the player

317cup4.jpg

52jdhj.jpg

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I miss Looch. I know he wouldn't really help Boston out if he was on the team right now, but I miss him as a Bruin. I hope he comes out and plays well again this season.

I know the game has passed him by but man, this was the quintessential Bruin if there ever was one. There were so many moments when Lucic had me going , f*** ya. I'm rutting for him all the way or at least until they get to Boston.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad