Around The NHL - The Craig Morgan Vacation Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We can call up Bunting if we want some sand, or we can sign any number of gritty pests that will be available in UFA. I only draft Tkachuk if he's BPA, and I have several other players ahead of him on my list at #5.
Well, I only have 4 players ahead of him. Dahlin, Svech, Zadina and Wahlstrom

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Yotes are a very soft team. That is one reason I would like Tkachuk on this team. You add him to Crouse, Fischer and Perlini you become a pain in the a-- to play against.

Perlini is a big guy but I wouldn't describe him as tough or a pain to play against.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Yup. That’s why I want Tkachuk this year.
exactly. He wouldn't fix the whole issue but it's a start. And a guy like that who also has skill is very valuable in the playoffs when the going gets tough. Mind you his dad was a choker in the playoffs and was a terrible leader.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
The Yotes are a very soft team. That is one reason I would like Tkachuk on this team. You add him to Crouse, Fischer and Perlini you become a pain in the a-- to play against.
It's funny you have posters on here saying Perlini is overrated because all he brings is a "wrist shot" (total crap the guy is going to be very good). But he's not really a tough guy to play against :)

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
We can call up Bunting if we want some sand, or we can sign any number of gritty pests that will be available in UFA. I only draft Tkachuk if he's BPA, and I have several other players ahead of him on my list at #5.
pests don't win you playoff games. The guys that get the most ice time do. Skill is paramount but when you can get a Lucic type player like Tkachuk you grab him.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That's you. I would imagine the Yotes list differs drastically from yours.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Perlini is a big guy but I wouldn't describe him as tough or a pain to play against.
When he wanted to play big, he was very hard to get knocked off the puck and more times than not, came out of the corners or off the wall with the puck. Trouble was his inconsistency, which is normal for most kids. I expect him to jump to the next level. Again, we have to be patience with these kids. He is not tough to play against like a Schenn or a Doan, rather his speed, reach and protecting the puck.

Last edited:
Reactions: azcanuck

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It's funny you have posters on here saying Perlini is overrated because all he brings is a "wrist shot" (total crap the guy is going to be very good). But he's not really a tough guy to play against :)
Slap shot? No. Backhand shot? No. Great vision? No. Great passer? No. Solid defender? Hell no. He does have a nice smile. I'll give you that. :nod:

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
Nothing better then seeing an expansion team pushing the thrashers around and seeing wheeler looking like he’s gonna cry.

Game 4 will be intense for sure.

Caps and knights!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Huge game in Vegas tonight. The upstart Knights have a chance to take a stranglehold on their series. The Jets are in do or die situation.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Huge game in Vegas tonight. The upstart Knights have a chance to take a stranglehold on their series. The Jets are in do or die situation.
Yup, I think it's a winner take all game tonight....winner wins the series.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Vegas up 3-1 in the series. Big Buff is salty!
???

In any case, amazing series by Vegas. Looks like they are heading to the Stanley Cup. Fluery has been the MVP. Fairy tale season for him.

Looking at how Vegas was built should make more than a few GMs question their talent evaluations and roster building. Speed, relentlessness, passion and puck pursuit have taken a rag tag mix of cast offs to epic heights.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
???

In any case, amazing series by Vegas. Looks like they are heading to the Stanley Cup. Fluery has been the MVP. Fairy tale season for him.

Looking at how Vegas was built should make more than a few GMs question their talent evaluations and roster building. Speed, relentlessness, passion and puck pursuit have taken a rag tag mix of cast offs to epic heights.
Fairy tale season for the entire team. I don't think the NHL, owner, GM, coach, scouts, fans etc. would have predicted this kind of year for Vegas. Talk about a "Miracle on Ice". The entire team is having a career year. This is great for the NHL.

Reactions: Mosby and cobra427

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Fairy tale season for the entire team. I don't think the NHL, owner, GM, coach, scouts, fans etc. would have predicted this kind of year for Vegas. Talk about a "Miracle on Ice". The entire team is having a career year. This is great for the NHL.
Totally agree, great for every NHL team. Any team can think they will be Vegas next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad