OT: Around the NHL: The Countdown to Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
This isn't the place to argue about who is and isn't a rapist.

Been avoiding this thread since the whole Kane thing began. Decided to give it a peak today...

giphy.gif

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
"I honestly don't know what's going to happen moving on," Lucic told TSN 1410 Radio in response to a direct question on the topic. "I mean I have one year left on my contract, and there's a possibility that I can hit the [unrestricted free agent] market... It's obviously something that's been a dream of mine since I've been a kid, is to play in your hometown and play for the Canucks, but right now the main focus is going down to L.A. and trying to make the most of that."

That would be something...

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
You'd think he's been around enough to say the standard, "they've had a lot of success there the past few years, it's a great opportunity, and I'm looking forward to contributing any way I can" shtick. But I guess sometimes you can't take the Bruin out of the player.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Didn't Lucic also have some stupid bar run in in Vancouver? They'd probably learn to love him really quickly until he failed to live up to the contract.

He did and he said he would never play there after that. I guess he's had a change of heart.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Anyone else also have a hard time believing that both octopi and parabola have passed away recently?

I believe it but don't.

They have? i got Octopi on ignore list.

edit- or not...must have taken that poster off then but i remember adding that name to my ignore list a long while back lol. RIP if true.

edit 2- Cancer? really? i hate cancer....RIP to Parabola aswell.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Terrible news. Parabola was great to interact with during the Nucks' run in 2011. A mod that didn't take themselves too seriously.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Anyone else also have a hard time believing that both octopi and parabola have passed away recently?

I believe it but don't.

Yeah, it's tough to wrap your head around it.

Octopi especially for me, since I had so many (good natured) arguments with her over the years about various Penguins/Capitals/Wing related topics.

I didn't interact with parabola quite as much, it's sort of similar though, just someone with a good sense of humor that stuck out when people on here take things way too seriously and get pissy with each other over everything.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I thought Lucic hated Vancouver since the fans had that riot after losing in the finals?

Yup, but with Benning now in Vancouver with his connection with Lucic he will give him a ridiculous amount of money to sign there next summer assuming Lucic walks from LA which I don't see them keeping having to extend Kopitar

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Quick is overrated. People are voting him ahead of Bobrovsky and Varlamov in the poll section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad