OT: Around the NHL: The Countdown to Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
what would you call Chicago?

I didn't say they weren't a dynasty. Just interesting to hear the commissioner of the league say it during a cup presentation. I'd say 3 in 6 years in a cap era probably qualifies as a dynasty. That said, what if LA wins next year? Is that 2 dynasties at the same time?

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Hard not to respect what Chicago has achieved. Congrats to them. No spite, but I do still think you need to win two consecutively to truly be a dynasty. If they repeat next year, they 100% qualify.

Also I still genuinely dislike Patrick Kane.

Also, did Chicago fail to boo Bettman? I guess it's hard given their situation, but man, have some respect for tradition!

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
the fact that they have three different Smythe winners tells you everything about the Hawks. meanwhile after the Shero era we hired J.R.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
So hossa.. hofer now?

Will make a case;

Chicago has 4 players likely to make the HOF right now. Toews, Kane, Keith and Hossa. The team is so stacked.

I do hate them. But I hate the accusation that if you hate them, it's because you are jealous. I hate them because I'm a sports fan and have teams I like, and teams I hate. They happen to be a team I hate.

Coach Travis

Back2Back!!!
Jun 29, 2005
Thunder Bay, Ontario
bucketdecals.com
Yeah Congrats Chicago. It wasn't without it's bumps. 2 Double OT wins away from being swept by the Ducks. But 3 Cups in 6 years and 1 goal away in last year's WCF from 4. They're the best run organization but Kane & Toews' new cap hits should be the end of that.

I'm ready for Summer! :yo:

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
Yeah Congrats Chicago. It wasn't without it's bumps. 2 Double OT wins away from being swept by the Ducks. But 3 Cups in 6 years and 1 goal away in last year's WCF from 4. They're the best run organization but Kane & Toews' new cap hits should be the end of that.

I'm ready for Summer! :yo:

Unfortunately, they've drafted some great young players to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad