OT: Around the NHL: That Bedard kid is okay at hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
Imagine getting past the Bruins to face the winner of Leafs/Lightning, yuk.
In that scenario, I'm hopping on the Leafs wagon. f*** the Bolts :laugh: That's some 'hate the game, not the player,' energy, but in this instance I'm comfortable hating both. Realistically, Tampa's the easier out just on account of much hockey they'll have played at that point over the past three postseasons, though.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
I don't think it will come to pass, but all this Karlsson to Edmonton rumor mongering makes me damn envious. It was an impossibility for many reasons back in the pomp of this team's cup winning years, but getting him in 2016-18 would've put this team into the stratosphere.

That said, I still think its insane that the Sharks are demanding a huge return for him. 1 year ago, they would've been happy to pay a bribe and have someone to take him off their hands. All to be done with that massive contract on a bottom feeder. And now they want premium pieces because he's rediscovered his form after 4(!) fairly underwhelming seasons?

They should be glad to get any positive return in trade value for him. Nothing exorbitant: a collection of picks, some (easily flippable) roster players, and decent prospects to accelerate their rebuild. Maybe with 1.5m in retention thorwn in. Before he turns back into a pumpkin and his remaining 4 years become unmove-able once again.

Personally, I think it would be a shame to see the guy's waning years wasted on a cellar dweller. Even if it is Edmonton, at least he would be competing for a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad