OT: Around the NHL: That Bedard kid is okay at hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Coach doesn't really matter because, like Zirakzigil says, Bob's never letting that team go anywhere. That being said, I'm not really a fan of Maurice. He's another "been around for 20+ years for no explainable reason" coach, and he doesn't even have a single Cup to his name. The furthest his team's ever been was the SCF in 2001-02.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Bob not being able to stop a beach ball doesnt help. He was horrific last night.

I mean good thing they’ve got Spencer Knight who has been fantastic this year.

Coach doesn't really matter because, like Zirakzigil says, Bob's never letting that team go anywhere. That being said, I'm not really a fan of Maurice. He's another "been around for 20+ years for no explainable reason" coach, and he doesn't even have a single Cup to his name. The furthest his team's ever been was the SCF in 2001-02.

Hornqvist and Yandle off the books next year gives them plenty of room.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Seattle is probably going to be the best team in the Western Conference in 2 games.

Still waiting for my flowers @Sidney the Kidney

I mean, we'll see where they sit at game 82.

The one thing they do have in their favor seems to be teams like Calgary and Vancouver shitting the bed this season worse than they were expected to, plus two of the three California teams being awful.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Demko is f***ing awful.

Jack Edwards went on and on about Pat Maroon's weight, calling him fat and such.

Maroon responds by making donations to charities for mental health, bullying, and body image issues.

f*** you Edwards.
It's funny how that clown continues to have a career when he's said shit that would get most fired. Must be nice to have so much privilege.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What's the deal with Cody Glass? He was touted as the next Getzlaf/Johansen in his draft year, but he doesn't seem to have developed at all.

Was he ruined by injuries or was he just not that good to begin with?

Reactions: Gurglesons

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It sure would be nice if we could somehow recreate Dallas' 2017 draft. Heiskanen, Oettinger and Robertson all in one draft. That's following on their 2015 draft where they picked Gurianov and Hintz. They also picked Wyatt Johnson in 2021, who is already making an impact on their team.

Other than Heiskanen and Gurianov, none of those guys were selected in the top 20. And both Robertson and Hintz were selected in the 2nd round.

Meanwhile, we keep picking guys who hopefully pan out as our new McGinn if everything goes right. :sarcasm:

(PS. Before anyone mentions those specific draft years and where the Pens were picking, I'm talking in general. Good, even great, players are available even if you're not picking top 10. We just always seem to end up with low ceiling guys)

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad