OT: Around the NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs 2nd Round

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Fleury picking up his terrific play we've seen most of these playoffs after last loss. He really does seem to be a changed player. Good for him, sincerely.
It's looking like this will be the series that will test him and we will find out the answer.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's looking like this will be the series that will test him and we will find out the answer.

Agreed.

Evander Kane is up and down the ice busting his ass so hard each shift.

I have to admit I was wrong about him. This change of scenery has obviously done him a lot of good. It's refreshing to see. He's always been a hell of a talent.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Agreed.

I have to admit I was wrong about him. This change of scenery has obviously done him a lot of good. It's refreshing to see. He's always been a hell of a talent.

I don't know... I feel Kane really took ownership and knows if he just shuts up, focuses, and plays with his skillset - he's due for a big pay day. The only thing stopping that is if he gets in his own way. I just love everything he's saying each media scrum. Very simple, all about the team, and he is way more humble than usual.

And WOW what a passing play that was. Tic-tac-toe

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The team that got skated off the ice in Game 1 and down 2-0 in Game 2... look every bit as fast and good as Vegas. Great focus in that locker room to keep the belief. They were literally skated off the ice in Game 1.

Coming back to win in OT no less after a 7-0 defeat. You aint kidding they had to keep the belief. They could have melted away like the Flyers, but hung in there.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
What a shift by Miller. Insane stop/start work in the d-zone, skates north, keeps it simple, and then gets the goal. Incredible shift.

Reactions: td_ice

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think San Jose has the best side-camera angle so far in the play-offs.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Francis is out of Carolina completely now. Lou is out in Toronto. What a day, yeah? I'm kinda hoping this means Ronnie will be heading to the Burgh. I thought he was doing some positive things with the Canes, and wouldn't mind it if he took over for GMJR when it's time for him to retire.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
That may be one of the most beautiful deflection passes I have seen in a long while.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha.....just realized I was about 3 minutes behind. Caught up now.

Damn, Knights taking over here. Sharks need to get the next one, or it's likely over.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wow, each one of these three goals have been beautiful.

Tonight is a perfect example of how you can't judge a goalie performance (Martin Jones) by looking at a boxscore.

If you just looked at the boxscore, you see 3 goals allowed on only like 15 or 16 shots, which is bad (numbers-wise). But if you watched the goals, you'd see all three were beauties he had almost zero chance on.

Reminds me a bit of people saying Murray had a bad game last game because he allowed 3 goals against, as well as the Flyers series in Game 2 where he allowed like 4 goals on 19 shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad